Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Now Offering 2014-2019 Ram & Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel Support

Banned
    By itself, yes, useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Sure, I should be able to add that... anymore requests while I am adding?
    Eric@HPTuners can you give us an update if those channels we mentioned almost 2 years ago will be added to this platform? Exhaust manifold Pressure, Injection Smoke/Lambda limits, Driver Demand Tip In/Out limits, Map/Mode that is currently being used shown in the Scanner.. No maps or tables have been added since this support was released...

Anyone else have requests on Tables or Channels in the Scanner they would like the see added ??

Also, anyone that has a MPVI2+, when you plug into the OBD port, does your Nav/Radio reset every time you plug in. This never happened with the original MPVI2, now the Nav screen resets every time, and a few times my truck threw 15-20 Cel's as soon as the MPVI2+ gets plugged in.
    Last edited by Smxtmpr34; 02-10-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Another quick question on HP Credit requirements for tuning these. It says (4) universal credits is what's needed. I am assuming (2) for ECM and (2) for TCM, is this correct? Out of curiosity, why 4 and not the usual 2 for most Chrysler products?

Quote Originally Posted by raceghost View Post
    Another quick question on HP Credit requirements for tuning these. It says (4) universal credits is what's needed. I am assuming (2) for ECM and (2) for TCM, is this correct? Out of curiosity, why 4 and not the usual 2 for most Chrysler products?
    Its 4 Credits for the ECM and 4 Credits for the TCM. 8 Total

Quote Originally Posted by Smxtmpr34 View Post
    Its 4 Credits for the ECM and 4 Credits for the TCM. 8 Total
    Why so many? Seriously?

Why so many? Seriously?
    Yep, takes lots of R&D time for these guys to find, identify, and list all the tables you see when you open a file and make it Write as you expect. However I do feel like the ECM of this platform is seriously lacking a ton of tables and 100% not worth licensing, pull up a Powerstroke or Duramax File and you'll see what i mean.

But the TCM for the ZF is pretty decent, and worth the 4 credits. But still lacking a few things imo.

Yep, takes lots of R&D time for these guys to find, identify, and list all the tables you see when you open a file and make it Write as you expect. However I do feel like the ECM of this platform is seriously lacking a ton of tables and 100% not worth licensing, pull up a Powerstroke or Duramax File and you'll see what i mean.

But the TCM for the ZF is pretty decent, and worth the 4 credits. But still lacking a few things imo.
    I am aware after I read it. I have used EFI Live and HP tuners on other vehicles I own. Just shocked that 5 years later and $400 wack to partially tune these is a little excessive. I fully understand what it takes to disassemble roms. Was on the ground floor with Open ECU and tuning Mitsubishi Evolution's. I mean the 3rd parties we read about even offer the handheld unit, which is for another discussion, but, as I understand it they were first with these trucks. Not saying anyone is riding any coat tales, but.... Either way, I was ready to knock out 4 credits to use the tables we have within HP, but seriously rethinking it. I'd even accept 6 credits, since the ECM is lacking tables, and it looks like we have been announcing to the powers at be within this thread for them to add them with what seems like no response. Oh well I guess.

I am aware after I read it. I have used EFI Live and HP tuners on other vehicles I own. Just shocked that 5 years later and $400 wack to partially tune these is a little excessive. I fully understand what it takes to disassemble roms. Was on the ground floor with Open ECU and tuning Mitsubishi Evolution's. I mean the 3rd parties we read about even offer the handheld unit, which is for another discussion, but, as I understand it they were first with these trucks. Not saying anyone is riding any coat tales, but.... Either way, I was ready to knock out 4 credits to use the tables we have within HP, but seriously rethinking it. I'd even accept 6 credits, since the ECM is lacking tables, and it looks like we have been announcing to the powers at be within this thread for them to add them with what seems like no response. Oh well I guess.
    And I'm not sure if its true or not because I've never tired to flash a truck yet, but I was messaging another member on here as I gave him my Transmission tune, and he told me when he tried to use "Write Entire" of the TCM, HPT was asking for the ECM to be Licensed as well, and would not allow the TCM to be flashed by itself. Idk if this would be the same deal if you just used "Write Calibration" also? All I know is I'm glad I didn't license anything until there is some more development on this Platform..

looking for a good tuner for a dpf delete or help
    Last edited by Stuffs; 03-03-2022 at 04:59 PM.

And I'm not sure if its true or not because I've never tired to flash a truck yet, but I was messaging another member on here as I gave him my Transmission tune, and he told me when he tried to use "Write Entire" of the TCM, HPT was asking for the ECM to be Licensed as well, and would not allow the TCM to be flashed by itself. Idk if this would be the same deal if you just used "Write Calibration" also? All I know is I'm glad I didn't license anything until there is some more development on this Platform..
    Write Entire is only available when you write the ECM portion of the ROM. When you select the TCM, it only allows you to write the calibration. SO if that is the case, he licensed the ECM not the TCM. If the rom in question was the "ECODieselEntire" you have posted, then it will only give one the option of writing both ECM and TCM. To separate them out, so he can only use the TCM portion, you would have had to read the ECM separate, and saved the file, and then read the TCM portion separate and saved that file separate.

I sent you a P.M. bud.
    Last edited by raceghost; 03-06-2022 at 12:25 PM.

PID's! HPT where are those updated PID's!

Potential Tuner
    Any updates on getting a good tune with HPTuners? I'm using the GDE EPA Compliant Tune, but would like to go back to the EGR being shut off.

Advanced Tuner
    Its comical that people even ask for this (and expect to get it) anymore. Just today it made headlines that a well known diesel tuner was sent to jail for a year for this kind of stuff. And one of the biggest pled guilty in a criminal case / settled a civil case. $3.1M in fines, and is awaiting sentencing on the criminal case in August...

Im having a hard time finding out for sure... but is the PCM modification service needed for a 2015 ecodiesel Grand Cherokee?

Quote Originally Posted by VXSS View Post
    Im having a hard time finding out for sure... but is the PCM modification service needed for a 2015 ecodiesel Grand Cherokee?
    No, it isn't.

Potential Tuner
    Just picked up the latest and greatest MVPI3 and kind of disappointed with the options i'm given to tweak things. Does anyone have any files they may be able to send me to help me out? I think ultimately i'm going to pickup MRT's MM5 tune but would like to play with what i have a bit more first.

Thanks!

Yea it is super limited, especially when you compare it to the other diesels they support. They told me they were going to add some basic PID's I asked for like 3 years ago, (like Exhaust Manifold pressure for 1 example), and just haven't responded to this thread at all since then. I don't know why they cant just respond to say why they wont, cant, or its just not worth it to develop this platform anymore..

And also I think its extremely deceitful that you must buy or connect a MPVI device to open a file, just to be disappointed to see what tables you can access.
    IMO Anytime a new platform is supported, you should be able to open a file and see what tables are available, before wasting money on a MPVI and Credits.

Potential Tuner
    Hi there.

While attempting to download my stock file for a 2015 Ram Eco my laptop died. Truck file no where to be found. Does anyone have a stock file I can write onto the truck while I wait for a tuned file ?

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Write Entire is only available when you write the ECM portion of the ROM. When you select the TCM, it only allows you to write the calibration. SO if that is the case, he licensed the ECM not the TCM. If the rom in question was the "ECODieselEntire" you have posted, then it will only give one the option of writing both ECM and TCM. To separate them out, so he can only use the TCM portion, you would have had to read the ECM separate, and saved the file, and then read the TCM portion separate and saved that file separate.

I sent you a P.M. bud.

I was the member who tried to write Smxtmpr34's TCM calibration to my vehicle. I dropped 4 credits to do so; A costly mistake. You're exactly right Raceghost -- you cannot simply write the TCM calibration with a merged ECM/TCM file without dropping more credits into the pot. I believe I would need a total of 16 credits to make this work (8 to license the file (entire read), then another 8 to license the vehicle's TCM and ECM!! That's a bit excessive in my book so I never moved forward with the endeavor.
    Last edited by Ecksor; 01-02-2023 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecksor View Post
    I was the member who tried to write Smxtmpr34's TCM calibration to my vehicle. I dropped 4 credits to do so; A costly mistake. You're exactly right Raceghost -- you cannot simply write the TCM calibration with a merged ECM/TCM file without dropping more credits into the pot. I believe I would need a total of 16 credits to make this work (8 to license the file (entire read), then another 8 to license the vehicle's TCM and ECM!! That's a bit excessive in my book so I never moved forward with the endeavor.
    No, you should only need a total of 8 credits. Reading the rom is free, no credits required. Its only when you try to write to the controllers, ECM and TCM, that licensing is required. It's the ECM and TCM hardware of your vehicle that you are licensing, not the roms. So 4 credits for the ECM, and 4 credits for the TCM. This is presuming that you are licensing it to your cable, your hardware.