Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Now Offering 2014-2019 Ram & Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel Support

maybe some Tip in and Tip out limit tables

Has anyone else been able to read a previously tuned ECU? Reason I ask is Bc in my GDE calibration under TQ Managment-General, the MAX TQ setting is set to 420Ft/Lbs. So how would the truck pick up any Tq if the setting is unchanged at 420Ft/Lbs? And is that why under WOT or heavy load my Fuel Rate is limited to 100 MM3.
    HPEco.png

Banned
    Torque is a calculated value, turn up pulsewidth for more fuel which will net more torque, I don?t think the ECM will know the difference.

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone had issues writing back to the ECM after liscencing? I have support ticket 254017 open, and was told I'm getting the "unlicensed vehicle" issue because it's trying to write the TCM?

However the reads I have done are of the ECM only (no TCM info in HPT file) and the file I'm writing back (write entire) is ECM only. Editor is not telling me anything other than "unliscensed vehicle". I was thinking of pulling the TCM fuse to rule this out, but didn't want to lose my trans adapts.

I've unfortunately been waiting a week with no resolution of this issue.

I've been waiting since April when they said a channel for logging Engine mode and a couple other channels would be added. I feel like the ED platform got moved to the far far back burner lol

Tuner in Training
    Yes that would be helpful I agree. And I was able to resolve my above issue by pulling the TCM fuse, and flashing. After a meeting with tech support, I was able to flash without having to pull the fuse using the BETA software. Definitely some bugs in this platform still.

I feel the same, that's why I haven't licensed my truck and started poking around yet.

Eric@Hptuners is there any update on adding those channels that were mentioned almost a year ago?

Eric@Hptuners any updates?

Just another Quarter Annual bump for this post looking for some type of update or response

Potential Tuner
    hey what did you do to correct this problem I am having same issue

Potential Tuner
    it appears that some dtc definitions are wrong. for example: p1691, and p1692. it is defined as coolant gauge low and coolant gauge high. the proper definition for p1691 is reductant injection valve circuit high. p1692 reductant injection valve low.

Potential Tuner
    hello to the collective.

I'm a drill fitter down in oz. been working with CR diesels for a long time. Decided the to learn the control side. (self teaching) I have a 2015 L630 GC.
    Any insights or books that would be beneficial. and even a tuned GC file would be great i have looked through the archives and found tuned ram files just no GC files i have found the axes are quite different making is confusing when comparing the changes.

attached is my OEM tune for those looking.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Anyone workout the map modes yet?

Please HPT, Can you add PID's for Oil Pressure and Exhaust Back Pressure. And If possible a PID that shows what Drive Mode and Map the truck is using. There are a Few of us here that have been Patiently waiting for some updates on this Platform.

Potential Tuner
    any one have a GC GDE tune?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LTstewy8 View Post
    I am happy to report that the delay in throttle response issue is easily fixed using HP Tuners. Step 1: Unplug the EGR valve (Orange plug, passenger side, under engine cover). Step 2: Disable the relevant codes that will pop up because of step 1 (see my tune for example). That's all there is to it. Don't ask me why it's that simple, because I don't know for sure.

Smxtmpr34 is correct about the Driver Demand table not affecting throttle response, but only how much torque is commanded for a given pedal position. You can verify the EGR fix solves the problem by logging "driver demand engine torque" vs "actual engine torque" PIDs in VCM Scanner (see my template and logs). Actual lags demanded torque considerably with the AEM tune, but tracks it very well with EGR unplugged and no DTCs reporting.
    Has there been any negative results from disabling the EGR valve? I haul a car hauler with about 8k combined weight. I'm sure the intake will love not having the valve enabled. Any concerns with the DPF?

what it takes tunewise to DPF delete on 2015 3.0 ecodiesel ram?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    what it takes tunewise to DPF delete on 2015 3.0 ecodiesel ram?
    raw binary file

GM FORD DODGE
    custom xdf for hpt

Quote Originally Posted by svvag2000 View Post
    raw binary file

so my hpt is useless for this ?