Thread: need a some clarification before i buy the mpvi2

Potential Tuner

need a some clarification before i buy the mpvi2

I've done ls swaps for 10 years but never tuned anything so I wanted to ask a question before I spend $$$.
    I do mostly trouble shooting/diagnostic .
    1)could I use the scanner just to move values like open close injector circuits, calibrate speedometer ,reset ecm/modules.
    since I'm a handy mechanic that would be most of my use for now before I get the hang of tuning.

thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You can change gear/tire size via the scanner on most dodge applications but you cannot reset ecm/modules via scanner.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I'm a tech also, alot of electrical/diag work, and just got my tuner. Connected to my 05 sierra just for kicks, I was playing around with the scanner and found I can do cam/crank relearn, control alot of functions like injector kill and so on. Imagine I could do the same on my vette. Haven't tried it on other vehicles yet. I bought the basic MPVi2(NOT PRO), and it does this. Even if you buy with no credits, you're looking at this: So far a badass data logger, a decent possibly better bi directional scan tool(powertrain ONLY), and a tuner for future use for $300 or whatever it costs, plus the cost of a laptop. People are also using these on tablets and such. This is my opinion based on the little I used it for scanning purposes so far. Interface is a little weird to me, not bad, but just something new to learn how to use.

As far as reset ecm/modules, can you expand on that? Got my interest....lol

Calibrate speedo and such I've already seen in the vcm editor, and you would need to license the ECM/PCM to write any of those edits to the car. Most GM are 2 credits($100US) for the PCM license, as long as PCM never bricks, it'll be tune-able as long as the MPV unit lasts. If it does brick, ECM, base/stock programming, plus $100 more to license new PCM.

Not a sales pitch, just my real world experience so far. Worth it for what it does and the work I do.
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.