Thread: 2008 Avalanche Transmission Tuning Issue

2008 Avalanche Transmission Tuning Issue

I've got an '08 Avalanche.. We are doing an 80E transmission swap. In the past, when I need to flash the TCM for the 80E programming, this is what we would do;
    1. READ and SAVE the original programming from the vehicle.
    2. Change at least 1 parameter in the ORIGINAL READ file so that HPT will prompt me to license it (see questions below!)
    3. License the vehicle.
    4. Open an Express van tune that I ALREADY licensed and then WRITE entire for PCM & TCM.
    5. Go back and WRITE ENTIRE just the PCM using the ORIGINAL READ file.

I tried that just now, but when I get to step 5----hp tuners is telling me the vehicle is UNLICENSED even though I JUST licensed it 5 minutes ago. Is it because I burned ANOTHER file onto the PCM? If so, that is ALSO a licensed file!!!!! Can anyone tell me where I went wrong? It has been working this way on past vehicles... What would you guys recommend I try at this time? Am I going to have to RE-LICENSE the vehicle--essentially paying $200 just to flash the TCM?

Questions;
    1. Does anyone know how to LICENSE a file without having to change something in the file first? I know that if/when I change something and try to save it with another name it will pop up the prompt to license. If I don't want to have to change something, is there a way to license it?

I have this posted in General as well as historically I get very little response to problems with HPTuners. Can I e-mail someone within Hp Tuners for help with this?

Senior Tuner
    There's no need to write to the ECM. Just need to write to the TCM.

I'd contact HP Tuners and tell them the situation. They can help with the credit situation.