Thread: 2015 mustang gt E85 tuning

Tuner in Training

2015 mustang gt E85 tuning

Want to tune my mustang for E85 with lu47 injectors my car is stock other then injectors and axle back what stoich should I run and what other settings need to be changed

Advanced Tuner
    9.85 command .85 and go over your spark tables and dial Them in. 30.5-32 degrees should be the happy point.

this is the tune on my personal car it was done by a "pro" all I did was add e85 and flex fuel aswell as pops on decal exactly on what charts should I raise spark because my car sees nowhere near 30 degress of timing on logs. Mods include 2018 manifold ported, Air Aide intake, Cat Delete. Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by Sebastian8501; 02-06-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I’ll check it out and review it for you, could you attach a log as well ?

Advanced Tuner
    Should be doing your own tune instead of building it off of the intellectual property of someone else’s though just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Should be doing your own tune instead of building it off of the intellectual property of someone else’s though just saying.
    +1

You paid for the tune and have every right to modify it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedYote View Post
    You paid for the tune and have every right to modify it yourself.
    Yes and no Darryl - since it yours you can do whatever you want even eat it...but to a certain point only.

Even automakers can lock the tunes and they do - DODGy stuff - but on the other hand they are obligated to share all technical data.

It's fine if you want to do some changes, it's not cool to share someone's work without permission or even make any money on it.

I see how that can be annoying regardless, I paid good money for it and to my knowledge there isn't really anything out of this world on the file nor did I name the individual. My car as you can see in the log gets only about 26 degrees of timing, I figured by adding e85 it should be seeing close to 30 degrees.

E85 log 2.hpl

Knock sensor is adding all the time but timing stays flat not going above 26 so this is due the spark tables not set up correctly.

How are they set up incorrectly, needs more? Also mind explaining borderline vs Mbt timing, if anyone can show me an example of what an e85 timing table would look like id greatly appreciate it.

So I raised my mbt tables between 3k-7k from .9&1.1 load to 30 degrees and now im seeing 28 degrees. Should I add more to mbt or borderline. thank you! e85 revision 2.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian8501 View Post
    So I raised my mbt tables between 3k-7k from .9&1.1 load to 30 degrees and now im seeing 28 degrees. Should I add more to mbt or borderline. thank you! e85 revision 2.hpl
    set MBT wot load area at 32-33 then you will see 30 degree after adjusting BL tables or adder

Perfect will do, although I took my car to the dyno this past week and it made 428hp & 393Lbft on e85 less power than on 93 it made 433hp & 388lbft ??? Not sure what would cause this can only thing that I can think of is that I am running out of injector although everything seems to be in check.
    Last edited by Sebastian8501; 02-11-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Post tune file so we can make some suggestions

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian8501 View Post
    I see how that can be annoying regardless, I paid good money for it and to my knowledge there isn't really anything out of this world on the file nor did I name the individual. My car as you can see in the log gets only about 26 degrees of timing, I figured by adding e85 it should be seeing close to 30 degrees.

E85 log 2.hpl
    Noob question here.... I was looking at your log and it says 0% alcohol and inferred octane is 91. So was this run WITHOUT e85?