Thread: Tuning 2.2 Ecotec with Cavalier ECM

Potential Tuner

Tuning 2.2 Ecotec with Cavalier ECM

New to the HPTuners world and have done a lot of reading, but still much to learn. Here's the story, I have an 05 Cobalt coupe (swapped in ECU/BCU, and engine from an 05 manual Cavalier) that I race dirt track with. (1/2 mile). I have made some of the adjustments that are in the sticky's and from other places that I have found on the web for things like PE and DFCO. The car is straight pipe with pre-cat 02 still in it. No mods to intake or fuel delivery yet.

What should I start to look at next... Or better yet, have I gotten everything correct in the attached file? Any and all help is much appreciated.

Oh, and here is a link to the heat race this past Saturday.. sorry bout the camera angle, and I am getting smaller tires to bring the RPM's up as it is only turning right at 6 going into the corners and seems sluggish coming back on the power out of the corners.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I race an 04 cavalier because the 07 cobalt I had acted like that. Message me on Facebook Melvin Wayne Martin III

Potential Tuner
    Also new to hp tuners. We also run a cavalier with a 2005 ecotec. Headers and cold air intake. Run on half mile track. Have base tune our local guy with a dyno put in it. We run hosier 235/60- 13 up front 215/60-13 right rear 205/60-13 left rear. We hit between 6300 to 6500 at end of straight. Couple of suspension mods but we have 5 wins this year. I attached our tune very minor differences than yours mostly in timing. Worked great for us.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cstew00 View Post
    New to the HPTuners world and have done a lot of reading, but still much to learn. Here's the story, I have an 05 Cobalt coupe (swapped in ECU/BCU, and engine from an 05 manual Cavalier) that I race dirt track with. (1/2 mile). I have made some of the adjustments that are in the sticky's and from other places that I have found on the web for things like PE and DFCO. The car is straight pipe with pre-cat 02 still in it. No mods to intake or fuel delivery yet.

What should I start to look at next... Or better yet, have I gotten everything correct in the attached file? Any and all help is much appreciated.

Oh, and here is a link to the heat race this past Saturday.. sorry bout the camera angle, and I am getting smaller tires to bring the RPM's up as it is only turning right at 6 going into the corners and seems sluggish coming back on the power out of the corners.

Thanks
    What all did you have to do to swap ECMs? Did you have to have it flashed for the vin change?

Potential Tuner
    Could you send me these files, can?t find a vdf anywhere.