Thread: Knock retard at WOT

Knock retard at WOT

Last night I was out with a buddy doing some WOT pulls for the first time, trying to get the MAF fueling dialed in. When getting into the higher rpms I'm getting a lot of knock that I'm not sure exactly where its coming from. I'm in the Denver area around 5300' elevation and currently the car is running on 91 octane gas. I've got timing in the WOT range at what I thought was a conservative 12 degrees. I'll attach my most recent tune file and one of my logs from last night (sorry not the most recent one because I suck at remembering to save logs) the knock that I'm experiencing is persistent in later logs that I can remember. If anyone could take a look and see something that I'm missing I would really appreciate your input. I'm still pretty new to tuning and this is my first time doing a boosted setup. My gs 2bar (wot maf open loop)6.hptMy gs blower wot3.hpl
    2010 C6 Grand Sport ECS 1500SL kit, BTR centri cam, kooks 2" headers, ported heads, Bosch 80lb injectors, Racetronix 450 lph fuel pump module and ECS stage 1 fuel system.

Senior Tuner
    It appears to be very rich at WOT. The KR started above 4400rpm. At that point, it was .74 Lambda. I would recommend getting it closer to .79-.80 Lambda. You also want a colder than stock spark plug. I wouldn't run hotter than an NGK TR7.

Yeah in this log it's still rich. I've got others that are leaned out some but knock still occurs, maybe a little less. Unfortunately in my last couple logs I started leaning out a lot up top so either my boost a pump died or my pumps dieing. I'll get back to working on the tune and getting fueling correct after I figure out which it is. Also right now I'm running a factory ZR1 plug which is a step colder than stock. I've also got some NGK TR6 sitting around if those would be better?

Advanced Tuner
    logs save automatically now. In VCM Scanner/Logs. Just gotta find the right one and rename it.
    2011 Camaro SS
    Thompson Motorsports Dart 427
    ESS Tuning G4 Supercharger 1158whp/1017wtq
    DSX Tuning stuff

I found the folder and renamed them thanks