Thread: LAP 2.2 Max Cam timing?

Potential Tuner

LAP 2.2 Max Cam timing?

Hey Guys! have got a 2010 LAP cobalt with a longtube header, full exhaust, custom CIA and a LE5 throttle body and im currently running a maf on 91 obtain. I have noticed with added intake cam timing the car really picks up on the top end but i didnt know what we can add before piston kisses valves. Im pretty new to tuning so any good help is appreciated!

Potential Tuner
    I am researching this as well. Please let me know if you come up with anything and I will do the same.

I believe there is a physical limit to them and the valves will not hit the pistons. I have had the actuators fail on my old G5 with the LAP and never had any interference from the valves.

The timing chain on my Solstice GXP failed and no bent valves. That is an LNF but I?m pretty sure all ecotec engines are non interference engines.

Potential Tuner
    So looking back at the stock tune the highest number in the chart is 24. Ill stick to that going forward. I'm hoping to tune the cam positions this weekend to see if I can gain some top end performance.

Potential Tuner

Any news?

Quote Originally Posted by KLew75 View Post
    So looking back at the stock tune the highest number in the chart is 24. Ill stick to that going forward. I'm hoping to tune the cam positions this weekend to see if I can gain some top end performance.
    I'm tuning my 2.2 LAP 2010 LT right now, id love to hear your result with cam and spark timing, ive been unable to get it just right without a few degrees of kr which I had a 1.0 tune from zzp which gave me 4, I made more power after while reducing kr to 2.5 at the same time, but now that i started with the cams I cant get anywhere better than 159.5 ft-lbs / 216 nm