Thread: Write another os

Write another os

Hi,
    I downloaded a 2005 ram 4,7 v8 tune in repository. My goal is to use flexfuel capabilities on my 2005 chrysler 300c 5,7 hemi. Both have NGC3 pcm.
    If I write entire the ram tune with right settings to operate my 5,7, will it work?
    Is this operation will brick my pcm?
    Thanks for your help.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would suspect it will cause more issues than it will fix and would not recommend doing so.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Chrysler ECUs are very easy to get bricked if you flash a calibration that doesn't match the hardware. The other issue is that Hptuners is not the correct tool for that, you need the dealer tools or a compatible J2534 interface to do it the correct way.
    I advise not to attempt it.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Ok, thanks for your help. I didn?t have dealer tool or J2534. I will search on the web.
    One last question, if I use ? user defines parameters ? can I add missing rows and columns to use flexfuel capabilities like the ram tune?

Quote Originally Posted by arbracam26 View Post
    Ok, thanks for your help. I didn?t have dealer tool or J2534. I will search on the web.
    One last question, if I use ? user defines parameters ? can I add missing rows and columns to use flexfuel capabilities like the ram tune?
    Only if you have the capability to make a definition file for it or can get one from somebody else.
    User defined parameters are completely empty and useless unless you can make definitions for each OS you want to modify (or get a ready file)
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

It'll cause more problems. Try another option.

I have no choice.
    Thanks!