Thread: 2016 Ram 57auto hiting some limiter on 4x4 LOW

Advanced Tuner

2016 Ram 57auto hiting some limiter on 4x4 LOW

hi folks im having a bad time tuning a ram pick up ,on the street and on 4x4 high works great even on 37 tires and stock 3.92 gears the trouble starts as soon as you engage the 4x4 low gearing the truck launchs really hard on the sand but its reachs some limiter and it falls on his face and even if you let the pedal on the floor it only reachs 22-23% of thottlebody

i log pedal position and torque source and it works great then it hits a RPM limiter(i raised) and then it hits a VSS limiter and thats the SOB that i cant find ..

so please take a look and maybe someone can point me on the right direction to get this over

base6 highrpm DAY2 4.hpt
    LAST2.hpl
    VSS LIMIT highlow.hpl
    VSS1.hpl
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

Advanced Tuner
    No one? Really..

Senior Tuner
    exactly how fast are you trying to go in low? I think the vehicle has a limiter for speed, prob shouldn't really want to go over 25-30mph?
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 04-23-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm going wot ..down here we run Sand drags and only using 1st gear isn't making me go fast enough

Advanced Tuner
    I already try to find a 4x4 low limiter like chevy but i can't find something like that

Senior Tuner
    Yea I think its just missing from the tune, you should email support.

Senior Tuner
    One other thing to confirm, if you just slowly accelerate up to the same mph, does it still hit a wall?

Advanced Tuner
    At half throttle it doesent do it but if you floor the gas it downshifts and get un the limiter again ...i already send this yo suport they says the trouble is in the tune not in the VCM

Senior Tuner
    Yea I was wondering if your rpm per second settings in the tune are whats tripping you up, it measures the rate of acceleration against what you have in the tune. I don't know enough to give more advice than that.

Advanced Tuner
    That may guide to something .cause in low it launches really hard .. where are those tables ..this is the first issue that i have on +15dodge

Tuner in Training
    It's in the transmission tune -

Torque Management Tab > 46857 Gear Max Limit 4WD Low

1st gear is limited to 260 lb-ft
    2nd 391 lb-ft
    3rd-8th 561 lb-ft

This is assuming you've got the ZF in the truck. Hope this helps!

Advanced Tuner
    I DONT SEE THAT TABLE ...im on 3.7.16.02 build and i dont have that table any idea?

tranny is a 545RFE/65R
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

Potential Tuner
    My 2014 Grand Cherokee is limited to 40kph in low range and doesn't seem gear related but speed related. Driving on a flat or sand dune in low range once it hits 40kph that it. I have had my PCM tuned to have the limiter increased to 50kph but as soon as i put my original PCM back in limited again. My tuner won't tell me were in the Tune he changed and I'm unable to find the Low range limiter with HP Tuners only max speed, If HP Tuners can put this on the next update that would be good. I would like to reduce it back to 40kph to reduce damaged.
    Sorry for the KPH I'm in Australia. 40kph= 25mph