Thread: 07-13 6L80 different settings/adjustments then 2014?

Tuner in Training

Question 07-13 6L80 different settings/adjustments then 2014?

what are the differences within the 6l80 through out the years such as settings and what not? and if you have a good tune working, how do you copy its settings into a different vehicle?

It's pretty much impossible to list all the changes. Just download a few stock files and you'll see how much changes over those years.

2007-2008 is a whole different ball game compared to some 2009 and for sure 2010-2013 calibration files. They use different table and some tables go away in favor of others in later calibrations.

2014+ add another step up in calibration changes because of the torque based controller. I would not copy anything from a GEN 4 calibration file for GEN 5 use. Most of the tables are very similar but there is likely to be small changes throughout.

The copy/paste method can be used to transfer data between two files, so long as they are very similar. Or just change things manually to match what another tune is like. You have to be careful if you tried to copy everything over because not every operating system is the same and there are year to year OS changes. So something could get screwed up if you did that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ive watched every vid and played with blue cat trans tool and still cannot figure out a good but safe trans tune for the 15 im messing with. Its all just overwhelming what to adjust and what not too and how much to do it

The less you change the better.

Shift time torque adder for shift times, minor adjustments to shift pressure and small increases to the on-coming pressure presets pretty much get me exactly what I want. Other small things like torque converter settings and shift mph changes for certain gears are just part of the game too.

If you mess with anything torque mngt related or volume presets and crap, you'll just keep fighting it.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Which tabs are oncoming pressure presets?

The whole section is labeled on-coming pressure presets in the adaptive tab.

ECM tables 15930-15939.

Tuner in Training
    Multiplied it by 1.1
    Is that too much or

Maybe, maybe not.

It's only worth doing the gear changes 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 and 4-5. 5-6 is just over drive and all the SP's don't need anything.

I change each 0,1,2 little by little. More with the 0 and 1 and less on 2 because I don't feel the need to add as much for WOT.

.4000-.5000 part throttle shifts, .3000 WOT shift time times. 10-20% bump in low to medium torque for shift pressures and the on-coming pressure presets are mainly what I do. Reset the pressure presets with the VCM scanner when making any of these style changes.

I don't have any recent files on my tower computer for my 2016, they are all on my laptop. But it's like a years worth of screwing around with changes to get it how it is now.

Tuner in Training
    Its about where i want ut now i think

Don't know wich car, but Camaro SS 2010 is different than 2011.

For other gears or tires and shift points BlueCat is good and very near by perfect.

Potential Tuner
    Where can i find a good copy of bluecat i have 09 tahoe 5.3 6l80 209/218 sum8912 cam.. it dies while coming down from WOT and shift slow

Potential Tuner
    Hey man i just want to say thanks for all your input I am new on the forum but just off reading 5FDP'S comments I have been able to tune my 2015 sierras transmission to how it should be. Also boosted my 2009 silverado all by myself by just reading comments I appreciate the input man.

Potential Tuner
    Absolutely second that---5FDP's kind, clear, concise replies on here has done the same for me. Bought a stock 2015 Sierra that I got cheap even tho it looks new, bc it was having trans problems and the Toyota dealer wanted it gone, so 5FDP's TCC help appears to have extended the life a few more miles for us.