Thread: cummins high idle lope log

cummins high idle lope log

Not to long ago my truck started to develop the high idle lope, Never done it befor this winter. I have read a bunch online about it, from bad injectors to the ecu dropping cylinders. I happened to be letting my truck warm up and had my laptop, so I grabbed a log of the lope and another after the lope went away. I noticed when the lope was happing my duration was jumping from zero to the 200 range. anyone have thoughts on this? I don't really buy into the ecu dropping cyclinders because this is a recent development
    highidlelope.hpl highidlenolope.hpl

Tuner in Training
    did u change any tune settings before it got cold, and what was the coolant temp i can see air temp, post ur tune

it was doing it on my tune and when I flashed it back to my factory tune. I pounded the fuel lube to it and it came out of it, im on my second tank of fuel with not as much lube and the symptoms are creeping back. im going to super dose my next tank and see what it does

Banned
    Getting any white smoke at all?

jim, no white smoke that I have noticed. I will pay better attention, when should I be looking? just overall, hard acceleration , idle?
    If I was seeing white smoke what would you be thinking?

Banned
    Be more noticeable on cold starts especially cooler days. If you are having a kind of lope/rough idle on your tune, stock tune, any tune, I?m kinda leaning towards tired/lazy injectors. Try increasing your entire main pulsewidth table 2-3% and see what happens.

Banned
    White smoke can usually be common with injectors sticking open.

No white smoke, this all started after the truck sat for over a month in a body shop. Truck looks great but came out with some gremlins.