Thread: Cruze 1.4T 2019 closing tb

Tuner in Training

Cruze 1.4T 2019 closing tb

Hello guys,

We are trying to tune the 1.4T 2019 Cruze but something weird is going on. I attached our last tune and log with a dyno graph. As you can see, from 4000rpm on the powerband drops to stock one. At the logs we can see that tb is closing and them opening again. No matter what we do, we cant past 220kpa of boost. Two tuners tried to do this cruze. I dunno if is something like protection is arming (if you pay attention to log, lambda target sometimes goes to .71 and them follow back).

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks
    Rodrigo

cruzebwz3446 v4 (240kpa max +5gn +torque +vt).hpt

cruzebwz3446 v4 (240kpa max +5gn +torque +vt).hpl

Tuner in Training
    I forgot to attach the dyno graph

cruze dyno.jpg

just maxing out torque and pressure tables doesn't make a tune... good luck not breaking it...

You can't put a high number in the torque demand and other torque tables and hope it adds power.

You can't overshoot torque tables.

Can you post the stock file for comparison please ???

E80 / E80a ecm's have a wideband 02, but it's not on the log.

Advanced Tuner
    virtual torque tables are what was limiting my le2 cruze

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBoostBuick View Post
    You can't put a high number in the torque demand and other torque tables and hope it adds power.

You can't overshoot torque tables.

Can you post the stock file for comparison please ???

E80 / E80a ecm's have a wideband 02, but it's not on the log.
    The last file is messed cause Ive tried everything without any results, so it isnt making sense sometimes. I know that torque demand only doenst make power.

Does it have a wideband? I thought it only has narrow, cause at logs its givin 0-1volts . Is it behind a custom PID?

I will upload the stock file log.

Tuner in Training
    I followed your post about virtual torque tables, I guess the tune that I uploaded here has it modded already. No changes...

Tuner in Training
    here is the stock log

cruze oem.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by balla_EG6 View Post
    The last file is messed cause Ive tried everything without any results, so it isnt making sense sometimes. I know that torque demand only doenst make power.

Does it have a wideband? I thought it only has narrow, cause at logs its givin 0-1volts . Is it behind a custom PID?

I will upload the stock file log.
    The wideband sensor in the scanner should be called "WB EQ Ratio" and it will report in Lambda.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBoostBuick View Post
    The wideband sensor in the scanner should be called "WB EQ Ratio" and it will report in Lambda.
    tks, I will try but Im almost sure that its not visible if I can remember.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Connect to the vehicle and "repoll for parameters". It forces the scanner to search for all available sensors and pids and then update your options. Sometimes initial connection or switching between vehicles causes some things to not be shown.
    Its always worth a shot to see if more becomes available.

Tuner
    If you want the throttle blade not to close, then your driver demand must always exceed the max torque. Basically you are asking for more than it is (driver demand at full throttle) but you limit the torque tables just below that. Set your max boost pressure where you want it (conservatively please) and tune from there you should really disable your maf, dfco and cfco set closed loop enable delay as high as it will go, set o2 ready volts as low as it will go (32k and -2048, respectively) and tune your vve tables first. You will get super close easier using stft to do that, then dial it in with your wb (same setup but with stft off), both up to 4k rpm before wot. Then gradually creep up your wot in rpm. If you are getting kr, check fuel in that area first before pulling timing and adjust accordingly. If you are hitting your PE mark, then pull timing. Once satisfied and safe, set back up your stft, dfco, and cfco, leaving the maf disabled. I guess it's called hybrid speed density. I tune these cars, especially mine almost every day I did some writeups on cruzetalk if you are interested. If you want you can shoot me your logs via email and I can send you a layout/channels file and set your tune so that we can dial in your vve. Let me know: [email protected]

https://www.cruzetalk.com/threads/ho...tuners.245324/

https://www.cruzetalk.com/threads/ho...tuning.245088/

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by balla_EG6 View Post
    Hello guys,

We are trying to tune the 1.4T 2019 Cruze but something weird is going on. I attached our last tune and log with a dyno graph. As you can see, from 4000rpm on the powerband drops to stock one. At the logs we can see that tb is closing and them opening again. No matter what we do, we cant past 220kpa of boost. Two tuners tried to do this cruze. I dunno if is something like protection is arming (if you pay attention to log, lambda target sometimes goes to .71 and them follow back).

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks
    Rodrigo

cruzebwz3446 v4 (240kpa max +5gn +torque +vt).hpt

cruzebwz3446 v4 (240kpa max +5gn +torque +vt).hpl
    Hi! I have a Cruze 2017 1.4 Turbo direct injection flexfuel, original 153hp. I live in Brazil and use ethanol as fuel. I put your map in my car and it was excellent, even above 4000rpm it kept full. As soon as I can, I'll pass it on the dynamometer and bring the result.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    virtual torque tables are what was limiting my le2 cruze
    Hello friend. I applied exactly this map from the colleague above and apparently it turned out very well, but I am afraid the fuel system is not enough. Can you take a look at my log and evaluate? Thanks

04012023.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by jphe1 View Post
    Hello friend. I applied exactly this map from the colleague above and apparently it turned out very well, but I am afraid the fuel system is not enough. Can you take a look at my log and evaluate? Thanks

04012023.hpl
    You are missing more PIDs in the log file, it's hard to evaluate from that. You need accelerator pedal position, throttle pedal position, cylinder airmass, desired manifold absolute pressure, manifold temperature, knock retard at least. According to this log file it seems to produce the stock 150 HP.
    The log file ideally should contain a 3rd or 4th gear pull from the lowest possible RPM range to the redline.
    Last edited by sbarisic; 01-04-2023 at 06:29 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Good afternoon, follow the datalog I just made.09012023.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by jphe1 View Post
    Good afternoon, follow the datalog I just made.09012023.hpl
    The throttle is oscillating, and the computer is not trying to reach the target airmass or boost targets.
    Try this. I touched up the original file.

cruze14_2019.hpt

This is just a starting point and needs to be cleaned up more if it works.
    More spark for E85 should be added to the flex fuel table instead of the main high octane table. That way you keep the ability to run both normal gasoline and E85, and it will use proper spark.