Thread: First Drive

Tuner in Training

First Drive

Ok so i finally took the truck for a drive. This truck is NOT a racetruck just a fun street truck that will tow on occasion at least. i put about 8-9 gallons of 89 octane in the tank which had about 4 gallons of 87 (oldish 87 as well). the only big issue im seeing so far (Not from the transmission that is) is a little bit of KR it seems. I think lowering the PE threshold would help fix this as i was transitioning from cruise to about 40% throttle (drive home file). I was thinking id change the hot rpm threshold for PE to 30-35% and play with that. Should i change cold? any flaws in my logic? Just trying to drive the damn thing till i can get my midpipe and wideband installed.
    drive home.hpl
    going to randals.hpl
    60 80E RDF1 added throttlecracker first two columns added more reduce temp for fans.hpt

Read the editor information closer. The HOT pe table isn't active until 285 degrees, it uses the cold table below that. To keep things simple, just make both of them match. Lower the enable torque to 50% and raise the map kpa enable to like 80kpa instead of 55kpa. Bump the enrichment ramp in rate to 2.000 as well.

I want to assume the EGR is removed from this application. Zero out the EGR spark adder table and disable the master EGR switch in the tune as well. If you aren't using the beta software just click edit > navigator to find the exhaust folder and disable it. Or you can leave it enable if you plan to log the wideband through the EGR wiring if you don't have the PRO version on HPT.

You need to go through and disable all the codes you aren't going to be using too. Like if the rear o2 sensors are gone, if the EGR is gone, if some of the EVAP stuff is gone. All those code should be set to no error reported.

Also double check that you have no pending knock sensor codes. A pending code can cause knock spikes in the logs. I wouldn't worry about much yet until the exhaust is finished and you can actually work on fixing the fueling.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.