Thread: stock tune file

stock tune file

Was wanting to put stock tune back in my tahoe for comparison. Went to the repository and downloaded a couple to compare. Same operating system but transfer case ratio is different. Is this going to cause a problem?

I wouldn't think so. If you are mainly concerned with the engine side and main shift points/pressure those should be pretty much the same.

I don't have the two files you are talking about to see for myself though.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I wouldn't think so. If you are mainly concerned with the engine side and main shift points/pressure those should be pretty much the same.

I don't have the two files you are talking about to see for myself though.
    Attached Files Attached Files

tammy stock is the tune in the truck now. The other is stock from repository

If you are looking to just copy data over, I'd maybe look for a different file. The second file is a flex fuel truck with 4.10's gears compared to your 3.73's. So I wouldn't copy anything transmission related over.

The engine side stuff is similar but a flex fuel truck will have different values in some of the fueling and timing tables because of the ethanol sensor installed.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

as always appreciate it 5fdp.

Is there a way to tell flex fuel and gears from calibration details or physically have to look at tune

The VIN would tell you if it's a flex fuel but not what gear ratio it is.