Thread: EOIT tuning Spreadsheet calculator question

Tuner in Training

EOIT tuning Spreadsheet calculator question

This is my first attempt at leveraging the EOIT tuning spreadsheet, and I wanted to see if anyone can validate my approach. In the lower < 2000 rpm regions, I'm trying to remove as much fuel smell as possible, then above that bring the EOIT close to IVO Peak, then taper down a bit over 4k RPM for safety and atomization.

Cam specs, 288/303 @.006"
    LSA113 +5
    Centerline 108

Questions:
    1) Are my boundary targets ideal?
    2) What data points do I use for the Normal ECT table?
    3) Is zeroing out the Normal RPM table an acceptable approach?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 4.01.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-30 at 4.01.28 PM.png

Tuner in Training
    Updated EOIT targets on spreadsheet. The targets seem to be in line with the documents recommendations, but I'm confused on how the Normal ECT adders impacts those targets.

For example, if the boundary at X RPM = 600, and my Normal ECT Adder is 80, does that make the true EOIT 680? If so, do I need to reduce my boundary, or does the ECU do that automatically? I'm just not sure of the impact.Thunder Eagle INJECTOR TIMING TOOL GEN IV - Black Charts-FRCv21.xlsx

Senior Tuner
    boundary is the final wall, the other ect, rpm add to before the boundary so the 600 would be less the 80 so 520 eoit, raising boundary number delays injection, or lowering the ect, rpm delay injection, this is where its best to set boundary to all 520 then zero out the rpm table, then lower the ECT until idle goes better (richer showing more fuel getting in chamber) then once idle stops going richer leave it there and remove excess fuel in VE VVE MAF what ever u are using, then u have a base point so then just use the boundary above idle to dial in cruise and wot just keep any adjustments smooth, just dont delay it too far too low as u will have a point where u start to push intake back out when piston is on way back up before IVC point, also depending on pulses within the manifold it can be best just where it works for your setup so if its better in the opposite direction thats fine just do what works for your setup as there is alot of dynamics going on

Tuner in Training
    Thanks!

This just changed my direction too, 07GTS!

~Ryan
    Charleston, SC

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    boundary is the final wall, the other ect, rpm add to before the boundary so the 600 would be less the 80 so 520 eoit, raising boundary number delays injection, or lowering the ect, rpm delay injection, this is where its best to set boundary to all 520 then zero out the rpm table, then lower the ECT until idle goes better (richer showing more fuel getting in chamber) then once idle stops going richer leave it there and remove excess fuel in VE VVE MAF what ever u are using, then u have a base point so then just use the boundary above idle to dial in cruise and wot just keep any adjustments smooth, just dont delay it too far too low as u will have a point where u start to push intake back out when piston is on way back up before IVC point, also depending on pulses within the manifold it can be best just where it works for your setup so if its better in the opposite direction thats fine just do what works for your setup as there is alot of dynamics going on
    What he said

Also use throttle snaps - this will let you know if your too advanced or retarded - looking for good crisp, quick revs...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC