Thread: Need Help to Delete Active Fuel Managment On 2007 Chevy Truck

Potential Tuner

Need Help to Delete Active Fuel Managment On 2007 Chevy Truck

Hey there HP tuners,

Dr Rob The Honest Car Doctor here and I have a customer with a 2007 Chevy Truck that he wants to delete out the AFM system on his truck. Is there a tuner that can come to my shop in Hillsboro Oregon and do this service for me?

Feel free to PM me if you have further questions.

PS: I had a KOOL guy from this forum come to my shop about 3 years ago, but I lost my contact info for this forum and had to start a new account, so I lost his contact info.

Thanks for your help in advance!

DRTHCD O&O....

Senior Tuner
    Welcome Rob. I'm not sure of anyone in your area, but there are several of us on this forum that can delete the AFM from the computer if you'd like to ship it to us.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Welcome Rob. I'm not sure of anyone in your area, but there are several of us on this forum that can delete the AFM from the computer if you'd like to ship it to us.
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    Thanks Kevin for the fast response and welcome!

I was hoping to find a local tuner that I could do more business with in the future with my Car Doctor shop!

My team and I have spent the last 6 years working very hard to keep up with today's Crazy Complex vehicles and fixing the weird ones that even the dealerships are having a tough time fixing.

Is there anyway we could find out if there are HP Tuners in the Portland Oregon area?

Thanks for your help in advance!

DRTHCD over and out...

Rob, for what it's worth you could buy HPT itself and use it at your own will. In the long run it would likely save you on cost and it's not a difficult thing to do if all you're looking to do is just simple things. Like say disabling the AFM/DoD or changing gear ratio's or tire sizes.

It would only take a little homework by you or your co-workers to figure out what vehicles you can use with HP Tuners and the cost to make the changes. All that information is listed in the supported vehicles page. Along with some reading or watching video's on how to use it. This forum and other have lots of information and most are willing to help out.

For example here let just say you already had the MPVI2 device and software. Now take this 2007 Silverado truck, this vehicle only costs 2 credits to unlock the computer for an unlimited amount of changes. Credits cost $50 each, so $100 total. Now the total cost towards the customer would be $100 plus whatever you are going to charge to do the service for them.

The simple things like AFM/DoD disables or gear ratio/tire size changes are just a matter of a few clicks of the mouse with no real brain power behind it. If going more in depth with things, then you'd need a tad bit more knowledge to make sure things are correct.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm in Seattle and would be happy to help remotely or local (to Seattle), but I don't have any Portland/Hillsboro trips planned.

I think 5FDP is onto the solution, a MPVI2 is $300 and then you could charge the customer for credits (2x $50 for an 07 Silvy) plus labor. AFM/DOD and tire changes are straightforward, probably would take you sitting with the file open for an hour or less to figure them both out.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned