Thread: How do obtain vcm suite after 14 years? Laptop hard drive died

Potential Tuner

How do obtain vcm suite after 14 years? Laptop hard drive died

I purchased HPTuners vcm suite for my 1998 z28 when the software first came out. The hard drive on the laptop I use crashed. How do I go about getting vcm suite for my new laptop for this vehicle?
    Thanks
    Chris

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you are an MPVI1 or MPVI2 user you can find our software here https://www.hptuners.com/downloads/
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Bill,
    I'm not using MPV..
    I purchased vcm suite pc software many years ago. I have purchased a new laptop with windows 10 and would like to get the software (with any upgrades) I originally purchased. At that time the software purchase included free upgrades for life. Is the vcm suite software not available anymore?
    Thanks
    Chris Bryant

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The software hasn't been available for these since roughly 2009. You would've needed to save the software as we no longer support the older serial style interfaces or their software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I have 1.4 on a disc somewhere but it’ll take some finding. If I can dig it up I’ll let you know here

Quote Originally Posted by bpm View Post
    I have 1.4 on a disc somewhere but it’ll take some finding. If I can dig it up I’ll let you know here
    Your copy of the of software will not work with his interface. The original interfaces, which are now nearing 15+ years old, each had their own copy of software. If he doesn't have his original software, he will not be able to use his legacy interface.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    If that’s the case surely you have records of all the software for every interface you sold?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bpm View Post
    If that?s the case surely you have records of all the software for every interface you sold?
    Yes, you would think that would be the case but I guess not. Disappointing is an understatement. So much for being an early supporter with lifetime support!

doesn't matter if they did or not... they don't have those old versions of software versions anymore... looooooong gone... and the interfaces they have now wouldn't work with it anyway... you'd have to have at least version 2.4.xxxx (3.6.xxxx even better) and the mpvi1 interface, which would get updated when you connect it....

original interface/software of 15 years old, come on... no one supports anything that old...
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune