Thread: Issue with rich decel and bottoming out inj PW

Issue with rich decel and bottoming out inj PW

Dealing with my LS3-LSA swap here. LS9 cam, stock blower/pulley, factory LSA injectors on 2bar OS.

Originally just did a quick MAF tune right after the blower install and runs decent but now want to get things ironed out with the VE to see if it helps some transient issues.

Tuning OL SD for now, and my lowest load column on the VE table just won't budge. Scanner is saying up to -15% on decel on the lowest load column, wideband showing .85, make the corrections, wait for rich after flash BS, and still wants the same amount of correction. All 3 VE tables are the same. MAF disabled and even tried unplugging it (I have the IAT breakout) DFCO is off.

I noticed the inj PW bottoms out when this happens, I tried lowering it to stock LS3 injector min PW and still rich. I lowered it to like .5 and it finally went lean on decel, about 1.04-1.09 . Then bringing the VE up in that area looked like it was working but fueling seemed very unstable, maybe went too low on min PW and injectors started to misfire?

Also I double checked with a CTSV and ZR1 tune but both of those have different (higher) min PW settings, aren't they all the same injectors?

Also have a buddy with an almost identical setup with same issue... Open loop, DFCO off, inj PW bottoming out on decel.

I realize I can just ignore that and enable DFCO but I still manage to hit those cells while driving and goes rich right before DFCO kicking in. Most importantly, I'm not going to learn anything by ignoring the issue and masking it with DFCO. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated. Could it be the scaling on my VE table going too low on the load axis? I have it going from 12kpa to 135kpa. Maybe I'll try starting it out at like 20kpa I just don't want to tune the whole thing again since I'm pretty close. I'll try and up load a log when I get to my computer later today.

Advanced Tuner
    See this post I just made. It may be your issue as well (possibly not, though):

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post598600

Thanks for chiming in, I saw those threads while trying to figure this out and tried the idle FTC deal but didn't chance at all.

Is the PW shown on the scanner the final PW? Like after all the adders? I think I'm just going to lower the min PW and tune the VE on decel as best as possible for now.

Advanced Tuner
    10-4. Well, it was worth a shot. And the PW in the scanner does not account for adders. You still have to look up and add the voltage offset, injector temp offset, and the short pulse adder manually to my knowledge.

Hmm ok, so if my minPW is .875 all the way across do you see anything wrong with lowering the short adder in the .8-.9 areas? I don't understand how everyone stresses about having accurate injector data if factory settings need to be adjusted. I took injector data straight from a 13 ZL1 file which matches other ZL1 files but is somehow different than CTSv and ZR1 files, I thought they all had the same injectors?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
    See this post I just made. It may be your issue as well (possibly not, though):

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post598600

Do you think this cat test also runs when in open loop? I also have a massively rich decel that does not seem to respond to VVE changes.