Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VR30DDTT Q50/Q60 tuning support

Tuner in Training

VR30DDTT Q50/Q60 tuning support

Is this platform fully unlocked for engine and transmission tuning? Is it for all 2016+ or only some specific VINs?

Tuner in Training
    Bump...

ECM is supported. There are some transmission related parameters in the ECM, but the TCM is not supported at this time. Support is for all VR30DDTT vehicles

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
    Is this platform fully unlocked for engine and transmission tuning? Is it for all 2016+ or only some specific VINs?
    Have you had any experience with these platforms yet? Im inthe market to buy one as a daily but of course, I wanna tune it...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Have you had any experience with these platforms yet? Im inthe market to buy one as a daily but of course, I wanna tune it...
    Yeah I have one, but only "tuning" with a JB4, not Ecutek.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I have one, but only "tuning" with a JB4, not Ecutek.
    That makes 2 of us. I will have some experience real soon.
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

Awesome! Please let us know how it goes. Q50 sitting in my shop wishing for better calibration.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    Awesome! Please let us know how it goes. Q50 sitting in my shop wishing for better calibration.
    OK

Tuner in Training
    @evan.s@hptuners is the transmission tuning in the pipeline for this platform?

Advanced Tuner
    @evan.s@hptuners is the transmission tuning in the pipeline for this platform?
    I hope so! The Red Sport I tested in Sport+ mode felt like it could use some help...

Advanced Tuner
    Can we get a response????!!!!

Jaydubb71,
    I have 2 Q50s that want tuning now. How is it going with your?

Advanced Tuner
    Haven't touched one yet. The Nissan/Infiniti crowd and the users of the "other" tuning suites are giving HPT an uninformed bad rap. It doesn't help that we don't get any responses from HPT in this forum about this platform and it doesn't appear that they watch the other forums either so people are skeptical. Most of the Nissan/Infiniti crowd expects/wants a "guaranteed" HP number as if HPT is a Diablo or a JB4. I have tried to explain this with no success. Even when I tune Mopars, I get the same dumb question "How much HP can you give me". I tell them if you want a HP "guarantee", buy a Diablo and pray. It's already been proven that Diablo doesn't give the HP they claim with their canned tunes... Rant over...

I will be purchasing a Q50 Red Sport hopefully by the summer time. I will give some type of update then, unless someone beats me to it...

jaydubb71, I hear yah. Thanks for the response. We'll keep working at it and I am sure that there will be progress in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Haven't touched one yet. The Nissan/Infiniti crowd and the users of the "other" tuning suites are giving HPT an uninformed bad rap. It doesn't help that we don't get any responses from HPT in this forum about this platform and it doesn't appear that they watch the other forums either so people are skeptical. Most of the Nissan/Infiniti crowd expects/wants a "guaranteed" HP number as if HPT is a Diablo or a JB4. I have tried to explain this with no success. Even when I tune Mopars, I get the same dumb question "How much HP can you give me". I tell them if you want a HP "guarantee", buy a Diablo and pray. It's already been proven that Diablo doesn't give the HP they claim with their canned tunes... Rant over...

I will be purchasing a Q50 Red Sport hopefully by the summer time. I will give some type of update then, unless someone beats me to it...
    I'm fairly active on most of the Nissan/Infiniti facebook pages under my personal account. The platform specific forums can be pretty dead, I'll drop in to check on them now and again but for the most part stick to facebook.

I don't have any numbers to give you on how many VR30s have been tuned with our software. Regarding HP/TQ, the silver sports have the most to gain from tuning (I've personally seen between 70-90 hp/tq increases on SS, although i make no claims as to what other people may make). Red sports still have a decent pickup with tuning but is considerably less.

On my todo list is to make a how to guide for tuning these things, as the pinned generic Nissan guide is only applicable for about 10% of the tables. I'm not sure if I'll get around to that sooner or later.

As for transmission control, there is SOME transmission related control given through the ECM, but not a lot. We don't usually comment on what we're working on/not working on so I can't give you any info about TCM support.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    I'm fairly active on most of the Nissan/Infiniti facebook pages under my personal account. The platform specific forums can be pretty dead, I'll drop in to check on them now and again but for the most part stick to facebook.

I don't have any numbers to give you on how many VR30s have been tuned with our software. Regarding HP/TQ, the silver sports have the most to gain from tuning (I've personally seen between 70-90 hp/tq increases on SS, although i make no claims as to what other people may make). Red sports still have a decent pickup with tuning but is considerably less.

On my todo list is to make a how to guide for tuning these things, as the pinned generic Nissan guide is only applicable for about 10% of the tables. I'm not sure if I'll get around to that sooner or later.

As for transmission control, there is SOME transmission related control given through the ECM, but not a lot. We don't usually comment on what we're working on/not working on so I can't give you any info about TCM support.
    So you're telling me I should get the SS vs the RS? People SAY they are the same except for tune (boost level) intercooling and turbo speed sensors. I'd like to compare when I see a RS file...

Tuner in Training
    Premium/Luxe>SS>RS as far as modding and bang for the buck :P

Advanced Tuner
    Premium/Luxe>SS>RS as far as modding and bang for the buck :P
    Ive been told this PLENTY of times. I think I want the faster one to start off with to pacify my addiction while my G8 is down (bolting on an LSA blower once I get a Q50).

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post

If you guys can find brake boost cut would go along way with this platform. I was tuning with you guys on this platform before you guys figured out the boost limit problem, id you could start there with tunining guide I think that would help out a lot of getting the ball rolling!

Advanced Tuner
    Bought my 2016 Q50 Red Sport 400 on April 15th...