Thread: Breakup at at rpm under load and no TPS

Tuner

Breakup at at rpm under load and no TPS

So I have a 99 Suburban I have swapped with a 6.0 LS. The Motor is a lq9 with 799 heads. Has a texas speed truck stage 2 cam, tbss intake, warr cable throttle body. Running stock 4l60e trans. I seem to be running good at idle but now that I am trying to get out and tune the ve at higher RPM i noticed it wants to breakup really bad under load and backfire. Looking at my log I noticed that the tps was not registering on my log, am I logging the wrong tps value? would this cause the engine to run incorrectly? I also noticed I have info for the EGR timing adjustment. I am logging the wideband in the egr, would that "kick in" the Egr timing adjustment? I checked the tps at the throttle body and i have a good ground, 5 v reference, and varies the voltage when open and closed on the signal wire. I have not had a chance yet to check the voltage at the computer. Attached are my tune and last log. On the log I have the STFT and LTFT disabled and MAF set to 0 hz. Cat overtemp is turned off as well as DFCO. On a side not is there a way to disable LTFT and STFT in the scanner vs reloading a file every time i want to tune the VE? Also the only DTC I got was a cam position sensor voltage code which I cleared and it stayed off.

Set the EGR spark correction table to zero, that will stop it from adding in timing for the EGR.

The log show you aren't logging the throttle position channel. You are logging the accelerator position channel that isn't even an option on a drive by cable vehicle.

If you want to tune in open loop with no fuel trims, loading a file with those settings is the best idea. Also because you'd be picking the VE or MAF to do at that time so you'd need to separate those two with specific settings like you have it now for VE tuning. The VCM scanner still lets you go into the vehicle controls icon to reset the fuel trims and do disable the LTFT learn.

I can see the EGR voltage but I don't have your layout or anything setup on my computer to read the wideband information as lambda/AFR to see how it's running.

So my question is, when it breaks up and stuff is the wideband reporting that it's going really lean or what is the fueling doing? Maybe it's possible there is a fuel pressure issue if it just pegs out lean. Also try to use the smoothing functions of the editor after you make changes, the VE has some spikes/dips that shouldn't be there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    so it does go a little lean when it hits the higher rpm. Not much though my WB error only shows by 9% at the most. would 9% lean be enough to cause a bog and backfire? Shouldn't be a fuel pressure issue, I am running a 340LPH pump and a holley Billet regulator. ASs far as the smoothing i was wanting to get more data to long before I started smoothing out the graph since i have only gotten about 10 minutes of drive time in and cant get the rpms up in load because of the breakup. Thanks a bunch for the replies. I got the EGR timing table zeroed out. I will add the throttle position channel and see if that helps with the log.

Tuner
    updated log after changing the egr timing table as well as after a little smoothing on the ve. I might have a trans problem. I was able to manually shift it through the gears and it ran a lot better. Very little breakup at all. I am wondering if my trans is not downshifting properly. Tomorrow I will try and turn the MAF back on and see if it gets better. Still intermittently getting the P0342 code. I clear it and it goes away, seems to only happen on startup.02-02 drive.hpl