Thread: 1998 Ford Mustang GT Auto, Tune Files

1998 Ford Mustang GT Auto, Tune Files

My father has a low mileage 1998 Ford Mustang GT Auto. I bought him some LT Headers, Y-Pipe and Exhaust. Currently the only thing he has done to it is a K&N CAI. I was browsing the Repository looking for some tune files so I can get an idea of the OEM Tune since the car is currently in another state and I dont have access or any experience with tuning Fords. Is there a reason the earliest year model in the Repository is a 2005? are the 97-04's not supported by HP Tuners? Or is it just because someone hasn't uploaded a tune file yet? Thanks guys

Advanced Tuner
    98 GT Auto is going to be the CRAI8 strategy. Hptuners doesnt currently support that yet AFAIK. Theyve been working on the 99-04 which has been released and last I heard the 98 and older is in the works.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    98 GT Auto is going to be the CRAI8 strategy. Hptuners doesnt currently support that yet AFAIK. Theyve been working on the 99-04 which has been released and last I heard the 98 and older is in the works.
    Thank you for the reply, kind of sucks seeing as there's a lot of them OBII 98 Mustangs in my area. But I can understand it if the strategies are different. Thank you for the quick response.