Thread: 2wd computer controlling 4wd trans

Tuner in Training

2wd computer controlling 4wd trans

Hello, I?m having problems with a known good trans. It won?t shift Into 3rd or 4th. So, long confusing story short, I have a 2wd computer in a 4wd truck and the transmission only shifts into 2nd and that?s it. the truck is a 2003 Silverado, 5.3, 4wd, 4l60e. The computer came out of a 2003 5.3 2wd. I just did the engine/trans swap so I?m just trying to figure out the source of my problem. Would a segment swap help or are all the tables the same in a 2wd vs 4wd? Also the trans was shifting fine in a 2002 Silverado 4wd. I know the computers are different from 02 to 03, not sure if maybe the vss are different too? The speedometer seems to work just fine. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Can you use the Scanner and command 3rd and 4th gear?
    Im fighting a issue with a 4L80E not going to 4th gear but i can command it to in the scan tool.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RDF1 View Post
    Can you use the Scanner and command 3rd and 4th gear?
    Im fighting a issue with a 4L80E not going to 4th gear but i can command it to in the scan tool.
    I have HpTuners but know very little about using it. How do I command the gears with the scanner?

Advanced Tuner
    it should shift just fine in 2WD or 4HIGH, it needs the 4x4 tune to correctly shift in 4LOW.

To test gear with scanner:

Connect to vehicle> Vehicle Control and special functions> transmission tab> gear tab>select 1st gear and start driving, then click on 2nd , then on 3rd and 4rth, you will need someone to help you while driving.