Thread: LQ4 twin turbo not responding to VE changes, speed density setup help?

Tuner in Training

Question LQ4 twin turbo not responding to VE changes, speed density setup help?

Hey guys, I searched and could not find a post similar to my situation. I have read these forums for a long time, but just registered recently.

I have a P01 ecu controlling a stock lq4 with twin turbos (about 8psi) on 91 octane and a 4l60. FIC bosch 72lb injectors, calibration data provided by fuel injector connection, I setup RTT 2 bar OS per instructions from HPT, with real time tuning on using VE/SPARK/PE. No MAF on the car whatsoever. the car starts well, drives decent for a base tune. Far from perfect. However, the car is not responding to real time tuning changes on the VE table and also does not respond to flashing the car with VE changes eiher. I will attach the map I have in the car, keep in mind this is far from being done, I feel like I am missing something, not sure why it doesnt respond. Can someone verify my MAF settings are correct for what I am doing, and that I have setup speed density properly? The car Idles at 11.0, vcm scanner says commanded afr is 14.68. I have used all the calibration data for the injectors that was supplied to me. Using real time tuning in the scanner, I can drop ve at 25kpa (idle) clear down to 20 and it doesnt respond. however, if I go lower than 15 or so, the car starts to sputter and leans out to 14-15 afr. I bring it back up to 18-20, and afr drops back to 11.0. I hope I have just missed something simple. Can anyone verify my injector calibration data is correct? FIC 72lb bosch injectors. I will also supply my injector data sheet from FIC as well. On startup idle is about 12.2, then slowly richens up to 11.0-11.5 and stays there. all logging was done at 190*F.

Thanks for the help

P.S. (what is the correct part number for the 2 bar map sensor, anyone?)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BOAT8KR; 02-03-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Tuner in Training
    kill this post, I have guys in the gen 3 LS area helping. I apologize for posting in the wrong area.