Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i do A "how to" on tuning the 6.7L Ford engines?

Should i do A "how to" on tuning the 6.7L Ford engines?

I'm really debating doing a beginners guide to tuning these as i get questions on them all the time. It will cover all the basics and be done on Youtube. I believe doing videos will allow me to relay more information in less time. If anyone is interested please comment below and tell me what you'd want to have included in it. It would begin in the next two weeks as i am swamped with work currently.

Advanced Tuner
    Why not?, is the new trend, will help alot of people. i cant comment on what to include cause i dont have any idea tuning those but i will watch the videos for sure.

Tuner
    Definitely
    Terminology for torque base tuning
    By the way to you turn of truncation? And master torque while tuning your 6R140

Tuner in Training
    Sounds good to me I'm always happy to learn!

Tuner
    what ever you do I am 100% sure that it will be good stuff i owe what i do know to you when i contacted you after watching your Turbo Vain YouTube video.I seen a post on here explaining how the ecm goes about selecting maps and the way it converts drivers demand into torque ect
    JAGERWRENCHING FOR PRESIDENT
    MAKING POWERSTROKES GREAT AGAIN!!!!!

That would be awesome!

I'd vote Yes. There is so little out there for diesels.

Potential Tuner
    Are you done yet. lol

Potential Tuner
    I would also be very interested in this.

I'm working on it and the first video will be out in two weeks.

Potential Tuner
    Yes please that would be great! I?m ready to learn !

Potential Tuner
    Sounds great, I will be in line to see the videos,
    Any 7.3 advice? I can ask a question?

Quote Originally Posted by markemac View Post
    Sounds great, I will be in line to see the videos,
    Any 7.3 advice? I can ask a question?
    I haven't tuned any 7.3's yet but i have looked at the tune files for them, i also know they use a similar ecu as the mustangs which i have some experience with. As far as questions ask away myself or someone else can answer them for you hopefully.

eager to learn. watching and waiting here.

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    I'm really debating doing a beginners guide to tuning these as i get questions on them all the time. It will cover all the basics and be done on Youtube. I believe doing videos will allow me to relay more information in less time. If anyone is interested please comment below and tell me what you'd want to have included in it. It would begin in the next two weeks as i am swamped with work currently.

Jaeger very interested in a how to. Have looked all over for tunes to learn from.

On a side note: Understand why HP isn't doing an official delete tune, cant help but wonder what all gets changed in a delete though. Isn't disabling all the EGT, Def, Nox code ability in essence equal a delete?

I'm waiting on some tables to be added and hopefully they will be added shortly. Currently you can only make 47.8 lbs a min of airflow before being restricted by the maf. The first video is already shot i'm working on editing it as we speak.
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 03-22-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I?m excited to see your videos! Are all 6.7?s essentially the same as far as ECU operation?

Tuner
    Yes!
    15 C7Z M7

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Jaeger very interested in a how to. Have looked all over for tunes to learn from.

On a side note: Understand why HP isn't doing an official delete tune, cant help but wonder what all gets changed in a delete though. Isn't disabling all the EGT, Def, Nox code ability in essence equal a delete?
    For as long as I can remember HP has not supported diesel emissions deleet tuning. I believe they do not support it because they do not want legal issues since it seems that the enablers of deleet tuning are who gets in trouble for this.

You are correct that disabling that and trouble codes with it are basically deleet tuning. I'm sure the engineers are HP are easily capable of supporting it but they choose not to.

Not trying to be the "emissions police" at all, just trying to answer your question. It also seems like any of the major tuning companies have stopped supporting diesel emissions deleet tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by drewkeen View Post

Not trying to be the "emissions police" at all, just trying to answer your question. It also seems like any of the major tuning companies have stopped supporting diesel emissions deleet tuning.
    Thanks for your input.

The one thing I am still working with is understanding / finding a solution for the DPF % keeps creeping up in the message center. It went from 65% pre mod down to 35% post mod / regen data clear. It has crept up to 54% in about a week. I left the DPF pressure sensor plugged in, will be unhooking it soon to see what happens.

Waiting for the tutorial eagerly, hoping there will be EGR table maps since flow codes pop up with modified exhaust (lack of back pressure). Code set perimeters are a tabled difference between MAP and EBP. A table mod should allow for proper code function so the PCM can still keep an eye out for a plugging up EGR system.

First Video is up, https://youtu.be/eb7otHTFzB8