Thread: no PE and weird fuel cutoff....what am I missing?

no PE and weird fuel cutoff....what am I missing?

Hello all,

Recently got the supercharger on the truck and am running into two weird things.

1) PE is not engaging when i understand it should be....anything above 70kPa, but i think this is due to the throttle requirement being set at 32%...i am getting past the 70kPa with as little as 19% throttle. Might this be the culprit? Any recommendations on appropriate PE settings for MAP and Throttle tables given this PDS and dual 90mm throttles?

2) At the end of the logs the car simply cuts out and i dont know why. seems to go very lean and run on only 4 cylinders and hen dies. I am not sure why this is happening. One log shows 75kPA and the other cuts at ~86kPa. Is there something with the tune which is checking throttle vs MAP and its out of limits now?

logs and tune are attached.

thanks for the help!

Use a lower pedal, something like 5-10% and raise the MAP kpa to 90, so it enters PE just before boost.

What MAP are you running?

I've never seen MAP data like that before.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Its a brick 2 bar...12569241.....i had to adjust the offset and linear to match the local pressure...it was always 1 kPa off with engine off key on.

Copy on 90kPa and 10%, ill try that and see how it goes.

With the weird fuel cut, is there a PID i should be logging to help determine what is causing it? I dont have a DTC showing, so at this point i am just puzzled

~Ryan
    Charleston, SC
    Last edited by rcodea1; 02-04-2020 at 06:13 AM.

so i raised to 85kPa and lowered the throttle activation to 15-10% depending on rpm. Unfortunately it didnt effect the PE....it is still targeting 1.000.

What am i missing? something super simple i am sure....but i am at a loss.

~Ryan
    Charleston, SC
    Last edited by rcodea1; 02-04-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Why do you want PE so soon though, you have no need for it there at part throttle.

I believe the pedal enable setting is that value plus the idle area, so that's why you see some files with 2% or 5%.

Do you have a wideband in this thing so you can watch what the fueling is doing?

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I want the PE in so that it isnt leaning out and stays safe, abd i want to be able to run closed loop in the future. I was of the impression that the extra fuel is needed for 90kpa and higher....just want to stay safe. My goal is just to be safe driving it to a tuner locally but at this point i cant really accelerate reasonably without feeling scared of running lean without PE engaged.

Yes i have a wbo2 and its feeding into the a.c. pressure signal. To this point I have tuned fairly well for stoich before 80kpa.

~Ryan
    Charleston, SC

Tuning Addict
    Try changing enrichment ramp in to 1.5 and (x).5 your whole throttle table... Also if your running duel tb's you need to have some airflow torque model tables added into your software if it's available for your OS - otherwise it'll never drive right...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

If you stay out of boost it's not going to hurt anything. Or if you just stay out of the throttle in general it's not going to harm anything on a simple drive to the dyno. The computer has knock sensors, it can pull timing away if it knocks.

The 90kpa thing isn't really what I've ever concerned myself with because there are many cases where you can exceed 80-90kpa threshold and be no where near the need for power enrichment.

If your wideband is showing 13-15 AFR, everything is fine. Turn closed loop back on if you want, let the computer adjust the fuel on the fly for you while you drive it to the dyno. Do the minor changes you have to if the fuel trims are completely out in left field but for the most part I think you're over thinking it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Try changing enrichment ramp in to 1.5 and (x).5 your whole throttle table... Also if your running duel tb's you need to have some airflow torque model tables added into your software if it's available for your OS - otherwise it'll never drive right...
    Copy i will try that tonight. I do have both torque model and torque management tables....found those today when I was speculating thats causing the fuel cut....never got out of the garage with those adjusted since I couldnt hold the truck in place with the brake. So the only reason i can drive it at all right now is Torque Management.

~Ryan
    Charleston, SC
    Last edited by rcodea1; 02-05-2020 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If you stay out of boost it's not going to hurt anything. Or if you just stay out of the throttle in general it's not going to harm anything on a simple drive to the dyno. The computer has knock sensors, it can pull timing away if it knocks.

The 90kpa thing isn't really what I've ever concerned myself with because there are many cases where you can exceed 80-90kpa threshold and be no where near the need for power enrichment.

If your wideband is showing 13-15 AFR, everything is fine. Turn closed loop back on if you want, let the computer adjust the fuel on the fly for you while you drive it to the dyno. Do the minor changes you have to if the fuel trims are completely out in left field but for the most part I think you're over thinking it a little.
    Agreed, i probably am overthinking all of this out of a bit of fear and huge desire to stay safe. The tuner is 25 miles away and i am pretty confident it will get there so long as traffic doesnt try to force me to accelerate quickly to merge.

I'll make some changes again tonight and report back.

The next thing may just need to be to nurse it to the tuner and let them handle it.

~Ryan
    Charleston,SC