Thread: Rpm limit not working

Tuner in Training

Post Rpm limit not working

Having trouble getting rev limiter to work. will not cut off. tried using etc, fuel cut and spark. none work. no codes. here is my tune can someone have a look.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Having trouble getting rev limiter to work. will not cut off. tried using etc, fuel cut and spark. none work. no codes. here is my tune can someone have a look.
    turn ECM 266 on and try it. Fuel/Cutoff/Control Method: Spark. Yours is off. Or leave that off and enable FUEL Cutoff, since thatis what "Extreme Cutoff" uses. Then, you may want to increase Clutch Fuel Cutoff from 122F to 491F, not sure what that will do on an Automatic, but if you cant get RPM limiting working, try that.

Then, it's an automatic, RPM may be set in the Automatic Trans section: Shift Scheduling/Full Throttle Shift RPM/ Normal, Pattern A, B, C, etc. Currently 1-2 shift is at 7000rpm, 2-3 and 3-4 are at 5400. But then you may have to play with your Full Throttle Shift Speed, or it may not shift.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 02-04-2020 at 08:24 AM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    I just had this same issue yesterday in making up a "valet" tune. Lowered the Extreme Cutoff to 3500 and it did not stop it from going up to the existing shift speed/rpm. My Control Method has Spark, Fuel Cut, and ETC all enabled. I didn't pursue it any farther as I just resorted to limiting power and left rpm alone. But am curious as to why this did not work. I did not change the "InGear" table to know if that would have done something.

Tuner
    I think also you have to set your transmission shifts to your target, 4500 RPM if i am not mistaking.