Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: step by step turbo hemi tuning let learn and share

Advanced Tuner
    Post your what you have now for a tune with your progress and lets see how it looks. A log with the rich idle would also be good.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Post your what you have now for a tune with your progress and lets see how it looks. A log with the rich idle would also be good.
    I will post it tomorrow its definitely chooo chooing now runs better than ever I got the idle leaned out using the VE table i was thinking other things adjusted the idle afr so i changed a bunch of stuff trying to get it leaned out and then put back after i found the ve table would change the idle in park afr. i still got some supper rich spots in the mid/ high throttle but its better than lean and i can actually adjust it now thanks for everyone's help

Senior Tuner
    Just keep working sections of the table at first and keep it smooth instead of going for individual cells. If you know it's really rich in an area just take a good bit out in that entire area. Eventually you will get where it's close and you can fine tune more but this will get you there quicker and keep things smooth so you don't have spots that are good and then just a bit more throttle or RPM and it's way off again
    Last edited by tbrtuning; 03-12-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Potential Tuner
    interesting read....

Quote Originally Posted by redyns333 View Post
    PCM Bricked
    What year is the PCM you have that's bricked? I fix bricked ones all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    What year is the PCM you have that's bricked? I fix bricked ones all the time.
    ts an 05 i made a bench harness for it im looking to find a pass through to try and re flash it

Quote Originally Posted by redyns333 View Post
    ts an 05 i made a bench harness for it im looking to find a pass through to try and re flash it
    Whats gonna give you hell is that the regular flash tools and pass through's want to indentify the PCM before doing anything, but it's dead, so they will never start the flash process.

Potential Tuner
    Do you have a good turbo tune for your 5.7 hemi? Can I see what you have? I'm working on mine but I'm unsure if I'm headed in the right direction..

Very good read fellahs. I'm in my infancy stages of gathering information for my Twin Turbo 6.4 project. I will use some of these tips and ideas for my tuning when the time comes for me to take that step. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by DakBuilder; 10-29-2020 at 09:12 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    Whats gonna give you hell is that the regular flash tools and pass through's want to indentify the PCM before doing anything, but it's dead, so they will never start the flash process.
    you recently tune a 32 tooth tone ring hellcat ... want to do a write up and maybe share the tune ? help the forum out

hey guys im having a problem, i have a 5.7 hemi that i turbo'd and an ngc3 computer. the problem im having is when the turbo starts to build boost it shuts the throttle blade. i can only reach 12.8 psi map and wont let it go higher. i have a mopar 3 bar map sensor and scaled correctly any help??

What are you using for boodt control. The firdt thing anyone is going to ask is to look at your tune as you may have some limits set for your map.

Potential Tuner
    what did you have to do to the injector pulsewidth vs fuel mass and the injector pulsewidth offset for the vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator as I have just installed a return line and an Aeromotive fpr on an srt4. Im also confused because the tables are such low resolution.