Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: step by step turbo hemi tuning let learn and share

ya im bored cant work on my truck

Quote Originally Posted by redyns333 View Post
    ya im bored cant work on my truck
    I know the feeling.....LOL
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

so HP basically told me kick rocks tow your truck to the dealer and pay to ATTEMPT to reflash my PCM. I went to the junkyard bought a steering column with keys and the matching PCM from the same vehicle $150 and some more credits lol thank you i removed the SKIM box from the column taped the key to it plugged it in and put it under the dash plugged in the PCM and im back to where i started

ok back to tuning after bricking my PCM

I copied this from someone smart what do you think?

Volumetric Efficiency table X axis = Pressure ratio, Y axis = RPM
    The VE table is an airflow correction factor in %. Higher VE% = more fuel, Lower VE% equal less fuel. Its X axis unit is Pressure Ratio.
    The PCM is model based. This means it uses a set of equations to approximate the amount of air flow through the engine. Volumetric efficiency is a coefficient in the model. It tells the PCM the DIFFERENCE, as a %, between the ACTUAL air volume entering the cylinder vs the total air volume of the cylinder.

Example:
    1 cylinder in a 5.7L = 5.7L/8 = .7125L. If the VE value on the table at a pressure ratio, say of .825 is .75. That means at that pressure ratio the cylinder is only filling the cylinder with 75% of it's total volume. In our example that would be .7125L x .75(75%) = .534L of air. Since the cylinder is only partially filled the PCM will only inject enough fuel to reach an A/F 14.7:1, if in closed loop, or if its in Open Loop, the A/F of whatever the PE table says. A tuner will lower the VE table value to LEAN the A/F or raise it to Richen the A/F. At a given A/F, if you tell the PCM less air is entering the engine, it will inject less fuel,,yes?

VE table effects both Open loop and Closed loop.

Power Enrichment X axis = Pressure ratio, Y axis = RPM
    PE is the A/F during Open Loop. The PCM will "try" to achieve this during Open Loop. At a prescribed TPS voltage the PCM will stop trying to hit an A/F 14.7 with the upstream O2 sensor but use the A/F on this table.
    On a stock engine its pretty close but if you modify the engine too much the A/F shown is just relative. For example on a car with a weak fuel sytem or maxed injectors, it may take a PE of 9:1 to reach an actual A/F of 12:1.
    Pressure Ratio: "PR" This is the X axis value for both tables. Its deffinition is MAP(manifold pressure) / Barometric pressure. On an NA engine, WOT has a pressure ratio of 1.0. A FI car in Florida with 6psi of boost will have a PR of around 1.4(weather and altitude will vary this) [14.7psi+6psi / 14.7psi = 1.4PR]

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRam View Post
    I know the feeling.....LOL
    Im back in you?

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    If you have a friend at a dealership, they can probably write the pcm and make it use-able again. You will need to get the whole vehicle to them, or possibly build a "bench harness" and take it to them depending on the skim situation you have.

Some of the more well known Dodge tuners have access to tools that can also handle this.

IM back tuning

I am thinking about removing my o2 putting in wide bands and tuning using VE and PE??
    Attached Files Attached Files

how do i know im going into power enrichment? at a certain pedal position above 47% the motor goes completely flat. im forcing open loop

Advanced Tuner
    my car is tuned using only the ve table.. no PE applied. I believe this would be a better strategy for you. My car is far from where your at but doing it this way for me is much easier to make adjustments in fueling as you don't have PE mucking up you data. Turn you WOT pedal to full 5.0v and your PE table will never come into play, then you will have to add fuel into your VE table to get where you want to be. Simple as that, also turn off both set of o2 sensors ONLY do this if your going to use Wideband..... Dong it this way was much better for me, as i was getting lean spike going into PE and making about 5# of boost before PE would come in. I know have to only make adjustment to the VE table at the cell i what to make adjustment to.
    6.4 Whipple Diamond pistons Manley rods, Demon Plus Cam

Advanced Tuner
    Your pedal voltage tells pcm when to go into PE from my understanding. you can log your open\closed loop in fuel system in scanner and it will show when it switches.

Advanced Tuner
    What's you WOT pedal voltage set at under power enrichment

Quote Originally Posted by FstdodgeKY View Post
    my car is tuned using only the ve table.. no PE applied. I believe this would be a better strategy for you. My car is far from where your at but doing it this way for me is much easier to make adjustments in fueling as you don't have PE mucking up you data. Turn you WOT pedal to full 5.0v and your PE table will never come into play, then you will have to add fuel into your VE table to get where you want to be. Simple as that, also turn off both set of o2 sensors ONLY do this if your going to use Wideband..... Dong it this way was much better for me, as i was getting lean spike going into PE and making about 5# of boost before PE would come in. I know have to only make adjustment to the VE table at the cell i what to make adjustment to.
    I disabled all the 02 sensors i never thought about getting rid of PE something i might try on my next day off. i was playing with the wot delay read some stuff about how it was set really low i bumped it up and havent tried it yet. what trans do you have?

Advanced Tuner
    Hp70

Quote Originally Posted by FstdodgeKY View Post
    Hp70
    Im wondering because if i set my wot to 5 volts if that will effect kick down and shifting of the trans. I like the idea of cutting out the PE table by setting the WOT to 5v and only using the VE table to control the fuel i saw a youtube video from hunter tuned thats how he simplified it he said Honda's were map X rpm i tried it today just around the block it didnt like it so im assuming my ve table and injector scaling is way off its a turbo 5,7 swapped into a d100 with srt4 injector srt4 map 545rfe trans

Advanced Tuner
    Dont have to turn WOT to 5v just zero out pe and add extra fuel to ve table. The ve table is rough and will need alot of work. Injector data should be easy to find for those injectors

Quote Originally Posted by redyns333 View Post
    Im back in you?
    Not yet , feeling the heat of not having the spare coin to do what is needed to do, thanks for asking.
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRam View Post
    Not yet , feeling the heat of not having the spare coin to do what is needed to do, thanks for asking.

whats your build? this thread is getting a lot of views not a lot of knowledge being shared i feel like hp would get more customers if the knowledge was more user friendly

So to scale my srt4 injector i downloaded a tune for an srt4 coped the injector data and pasted it in my hemi injector table 14 cells vs the srt4 11 cells than interpolated the last 3 cells

im idling in park at 11.5 afr any idea how to change it?