Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: step by step turbo hemi tuning let learn and share

Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    fwiw.. the stock srt4 map is 2.25 BAR, stage 3 (or caliber srt4) is 3bar
    I dont plan on going over 10 psi so i dont want to waste my scaling for a 3 bar

ok failed to write am in trouble??

ahhhhh silence

dam i am frustrated made some changes to my tune drove into garage pushed write loaded boot logger erased then the write stopped at 6.8% the time till done went to 40 minutes 5 or 10 minutes later it said failed lol the truck does nothing now lol pulled the PCM took it to the dealer to see if the could flash a stock tune in it they said i had to bring the truck in lol tow it i guess i dont really want people playing with my 88 d100 turbo hemi swapped truck 200 to re flash ??? for the tow. countless hours learning how to use hp credits the mvp1 money money and i haven't got to drive my truck in months i sent a ticket to hp Im really hopping for some support from HP but when there is no phone number to call i wondering if this happens a lot i read in my countless hours ive spent read that they had this problem with gm and it has been resolved anyone know if thats true ?

more learning to do i got a reply from tech and they wanted my stock tune tune i was loading and a vmcinfo file put my pcm back in and followed the direction from the link to the form the they sent me to get them vmcinfo they requested

Advanced Tuner
    I had a write failure and thought I bricked the PCM but turns out disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    I had a write failure and thought I bricked the PCM but turns out disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it did the trick.
    that was the first thing i did followed by checking all fuse with a power probe got a pin out of the PCM from http://diyhemi.com/ (great sight) to check for power ground PCM. then walked into the local dodge dealer with pcm in hand to see if they could re flash it

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redyns333 View Post
    that was the first thing i did followed by checking all fuse with a power probe got a pin out of the PCM from http://diyhemi.com/ (great sight) to check for power ground PCM. then walked into the local dodge dealer with pcm in hand to see if they could re flash it
    If you think that is great, for pinouts go here:
    http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

For online manuals go here:
    https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...7/post-8494405

For some FCA workbooks go here:
    https://www.challengertalk.com/threa....667301/unread

tech support just emailed me and said " I do not see the PCM reporting in the Debug or the Infolog you might need to take the PCM to a dealership and see if they can bring it back to life." dealer said i had to bring the complete truck in towing Money I thought thats what i bought this expensive powerful Tool for anyone have suggestions??? im not a dealer kind of guy

Advanced Tuner
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

LOL I feel dirty and used

i guess ill see what tech support says or does while i save up some money before i buy Holley guess i can ask my questions about my problem on every facebook group and online form i can find maybe its a common problem?? that a lot of people know about I think the tesla does 11s right out of the box but really i just want to play with my truck lol

LOL I feel dirty and used
    is that an affiliate link for you?? i could spread that around for you

is that an affiliate link?? i could spread that around for

Advanced Tuner
    is that an affiliate link?? i could spread that around for
    No.

It is just one thing you could do to solve your issue, and most likely the most cost effective for you in the long run considering you've done an engine swap and power adder and are now going way off the map.

HP Tuners requires a lot of specific knowledge and is relatively limited when it comes to support and going outside of the box with projects - especially when they are not GM LS related.

Holley has stepped up with support for the Hemi platform and should be a much easier-to-use system for what you're trying to accomplish.
    Last edited by spoolboy; 02-13-2020 at 11:33 AM.

doesnt look like it will run my transmission

Advanced Tuner
    doesnt look like it will run my transmission
    No, most likely it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    No.

It is just one thing you could do to solve your issue, and most likely the most cost effective for you in the long run considering you've done an engine swap and power adder and are now going way off the map.

HP Tuners requires a lot of specific knowledge and is relatively limited when it comes to support and going outside of the box with projects - especially when they are not GM LS related.

Holley has stepped up with support for the Hemi platform and should be a much easier-to-use system for what you're trying to accomplish.
    you are 100% right i know that now but i put so much time in learning reading HP tuners the money i could give an F i have been poor poor really I am giving HP an OPPORTUNITY TO STEP UP WIN Im vested bud I dont want to fail it makes me look bad and HP look bad come on lets do it

whos got an idea ???? junkyard PCM and skim box more credits for the new PCM??

Advanced Tuner
    whos got an idea ???? junkyard PCM and skim box more credits for the new PCM??
    If you have a friend at a dealership, they can probably write the pcm and make it use-able again. You will need to get the whole vehicle to them, or possibly build a "bench harness" and take it to them depending on the skim situation you have.

Some of the more well known Dodge tuners have access to tools that can also handle this.