Thread: 5.3l vortec, need help tuning

Potential Tuner

5.3l vortec, need help tuning

I have a 2004 5.3l vortec, I just recently put a cam in it, 219/227, I seem to be fine in park but have been told it needs to be at a higher idle, when I go in reverse for the most part I?m good sometimes my rpms drop below 500 and when driving I stall out 90% of the time when I come to a stop, I have to keep the rpms up and slowly let it go down in order for it to not stall out. I?m completely new to tuning so
    I need help on what I need to do in order for my car to run good, I use this as a daily driver car

Tuner
    There a several parameters that will need to be changed for the vehicle to idle correctly. I suggest you read the stickies and watch every YouTube video possible. I would start by increasing the idle to 1000 rpm you will then lower this once the idle is tuned. I would also increase the base idle airflow as well. Do you have a wideband? Posting the Tune file and Data logs will better help other assist you.

Camming your daily driver and likely only car wasn't the smarted thing to do when it still needs a complete re-tune.

Like EWY said, do you have a wideband? If not, buy one as soon as possible. The entire airflow model needs to be re-worked so you can get fueling under control.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.