Thread: Fuel injector data

Tuner in Training

Fuel injector data

So I have an fitech truck intake with 55lb Injectors laying around the shop. I have decided to put it on my truck, which is a 5.3 with a texas speed 224r cam. Can someone give me sone input I am new to tuning and to me it seems like there's some missing data. I email fitech about the injector flow rate and the sent this. Thank you for the help.

400 kPa gauge = 63.5
    350 kPa gauge = 59.4
    300 kPa gauge = 55
    250 kPa gauge = 50.2
    20200203_235331.jpg
    Last edited by mchj74; 02-05-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    GM uses ms offset data so you need to convert and apply FiTechs injector note to correct offset values.
    Also, they did not supply any short pulse correction information so you will need to try a random set of values and then tune those values in later with your wideband.
    You will have to use a 1:1 referenced regulator. If you don't then you need to perform some flow rate conversions based on the atmospheric flow rate they gave you.

To use the spreadsheet, insert the ms data into the offset table axis values that most closely line up. Use the interpolate cells tool between the cells you corrected to linearly complete the GM offset information.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Thank you I am using a 1.1 reference regular

FiTech uses an internal regulator set to 58 psi and it is non-adjustable (internal to the injection unit).
    That means you need to populate every cell in the flow rate table to 56.4 or 57 psi.
    use the interpolation feature as mentioned to create a vertical voltage offset correction. copy that column of modified data and transfer it to every row in the offset table so that every column is the same.
    if you need short pulse data you could use numbers from an injector that is close to these as a start. maybe FIC 550cc?
    as long as nothing else changed from a previously running tune, then it should fire up.

Tuner in Training
    Ok you lost on your first sentence about the internal regular. All I'm using from fitech is the sheetmetal intake102 throttle body, fuel rails and Injectors and a aeromotive regulator return type#13301. The fuel system for now is stock 02 silverado. I got your saying on the rest.

Ya seems you got lost there. FiTech uses an internal regulator set to 58 psi. This means the FiTech injector data is for 58 psi which is what GM ls motors run at. Therefore, the injector data does not need any pressure shifts to account for a change in actual pressure vs. flow test pressure.

Injector data is typically collected at a given pressure specified by the suppliers. If what you run in the actual is different then you need to compensate. The comment was to tell you the compensation does not exist as long as you duplicate 58 psi on your aeromotive regulator setting. Typically the Aeromotive 13301 regulator has a 3-20 psi spring installed from the factory. Make sure you have the high pressure spring installed so you can actually adjust up to 58 psi.

if you have trouble starting raise flow rate to 63.5
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 02-06-2020 at 12:52 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok got you now I do have the high pressure spring, and again thank for helping

Potential Tuner
    I'm kind of in the same boat, but I'm not using HP tuners on this project. Trying out a terminator X, and I'm not sure what to put in for data.

been a while since i calibrated a holley unit but after looking in the software again this is what it looks like your gonna end up doing to calibrate the injectors.

fitech uses opening time which is basically the same as what holley calls their off time voltage offset. If you have the same injectors as said user subtract 1200 from all offset values and then divide by 1000. this gives you your holley off time value.
    flow rate in this case would be 56.4 lb/hr at a pressure of 43.5 psi(3 bar) {{alternatively 63.5 lb/hr at a pressure of 58 psi(4 bar)}}. fitech minimum pulse isnt listed but you can try .180 as an initial value and possibly end up fairly close.

Tuner in Training
    I think I'm going to use different Injectors. I've been looking at the FIC1450 their priced well and they come with the data for HPT.

i hope you mean fuel injector clinic because fuel injector connection (also goes by FIC in the forums) and they dont publicly advertise their data.
    Fuel injector clinic is supported by holley and their flow data is advertised as a cataloged data set within their ecu's as a result. i trust these guys with all my latest builds, and so do these major fuel injector kit suppliers. Data is pretty good on the hpt side.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 02-12-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Are the ones I posted any good? They will come with the injector data for hptuners.

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead. I am working on a Holley terminator x as well and the owner sold his FITECH for holley but kept the injectors. I see the included xml file above has injector data but they seem way higher numbers than any injector pre-saved in holley's software. most injectors run from .7 to 3.05 at 8v and ramp down to -.06 to .9 at 20v. According to the xml for the FItech injectors, it would scale from 6 down to .45. Is it really that bad of an injector? ( I mean, I wouldnt be surprised).