Thread: Help car wont hold up new tune all the time..

Help car wont hold up new tune all the time..

Hello I own a chevy ss 2017...after a cam was installed in my car..the tuner tuned my car but the car wont hold up the tune...I have to shut the engine off while driving the start it up again then it falls in the new tune... can someone help please with this ? Another issue is when I turn everything off i feel there something cut the power to the wheels also sometimes... thanks Douglas

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Chevy ss View Post
    Hello I own a chevy ss 2017...after a cam was installed in my car..the tuner tuned my car but the car wont hold up the tune...I have to shut the engine off while driving the start it up again then it falls in the new tune... can someone help please with this ? Another issue is when I turn everything off i feel there something cut the power to the wheels also sometimes... thanks Douglas
    Sounds like you have a wiring/ ECU problem. Newer computers should not lose the tune. Why do you think it is the tune being lost and not something else?

Whit the new tune it should run richer but sometimes when i start it the car is too lean and i will notice a los of power...but suddenly when i turn the engine off and then back on while driving it goes in the rich mode wich is the tuning I want....so Im a little bit confused...The other problen Im experiencing is why if I turn off the traction and stabilitrack there is something cutting off the power to the wheels or the motor ?

Banned
    Sounds like you aren't talking about a Gen 3 engine. This is the Gen 3 section.

No computer can just lose it's tune either. Doesn't matter if it's a LS1 computer or the E38 that he has.

Not enough information is given anyway. We don't have the tune file nor a log file to watch. Something your tuner did is the reason for the poor running condition you are having, something isn't setup correctly.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.