Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car soft on the launch

I have played with that table and didnt get the results i was looking for. Being a th400 I tried throwing a bunch of spark to add to the main table at the correct coefficient and it didnt help. Whether or not I added enough I dont know. I was trying to get the car up on the converter and 2 step faster to build the boost I wanted to launch at while on the brake on a pro tree. I figured with the bigger motor and the smaller 366 turbos it would build pretty fast. I may look at throwing more timing at it via this table when I get back in and see what it does. thanks for the input.

Yea some PCM's are slow to activate the boost enrichment which means you're under boost lean and over-timed which is no good especially since that transition coming into boost is usually right in the meat of peak torque where cylinder pressure is highest and most detonation prone...
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Yea some PCM's are slow to activate the boost enrichment which means you're under boost lean and over-timed which is no good especially since that transition coming into boost is usually right in the meat of peak torque where cylinder pressure is highest and most detonation prone...
    I do not detect any delay and have heard of that myth. The computer is able to react instantly in my experience, it remains a myth.

I think people just say that myth because there can be a delay to get the enrichment to show up on the wideband. Which is quite a common misconception given the transient delay of wideband sensor, and transience through the VE map. From 2000-4000rpm there should be about a .250 to .140 second delay so the enrichment being commanded occurs .2~ seconds behind it actually showing up on the sensor is typical and working as intended.

also the BE and PE don't alter the timing, so I am not sure what you meant by the timing being disrupted.

I don't think he was meaning that BE alters timing. He was saying the delay can mess with you due to if you don't have it set correctly to where it comes in prior to being at peak torque.

James can you look at my time overall and see if I scaled it correctly and your thoughts on the timing table I created? Thanks for all the input

Quote Originally Posted by 87lsttop View Post
    I don't think he was meaning that BE alters timing. He was saying the delay can mess with you due to if you don't have it set correctly to where it comes in prior to being at peak torque.
    Er. But there is nothing in the boost or power enrichment strategy that involves timing. Plus you can modify when the BE and PE are active, there is literally a KPA box where you tell it what pressure to start using each map.

fwiw it works flawlessly for me. I have tons of resolution, I never scaled my map, I use 65lb/hr injectors which aren't huge by any means but they do support upwards of 580rwhp on gasoline so its sneezeworthy