Thread: Factory flex fuel dodge, Chrysler, Jeep

Factory flex fuel dodge, Chrysler, Jeep

Had a factory FF file about 2 weeks ago and I?m not able to locate it. Building my first FF hellcat and just wanted to double check some values!!

Any help would be appreciated

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    I'm getting started on my first one as well. Have you been able to make progress on yours?

Finished it tonight!! Works great!! 93 octane showed anywhere between 0-8% alcohols percent which is correct..

We added 5 gallons at a time (got 93 on 1/8 tank before adding alcohol)
    Alcohol ended up around 77-82% by end of tune session... about right considering little bit of gas in tank!!

Rockets, didn’t dyno it, but probably 80rwhp gain!!

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner in Training
    So there is a factory flex file fir HC's? Are you able to share it as ive never seen it.

Hellcats are not FF from the factory, however there is a FF patch!! In the warning, HP tuner states it needs “tuned” VERY TRUE... took a ton of custom programming, axis edits and scaling to make correct...

No offense to anyone, but not giving this file away for free

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner in Training
    Sorry I misunderstood, I thought u meant there was a factory Flex file we could look at and use as a base sw

Potential Tuner
    That's awesome that you were able to get it figured out. I've spent a little time messing with one and haven't made a whole lot of progress on it. What year Hellcat were you working on?

Advanced Tuner
    Some of the older 3.6 and 4.7 stuff is flex fuel and has many of the parameters you'll need. Like stoich for E85.

It’s a 16 hellcat! It’s imperative that fuel is dialed in on 93 IMO first... since fuel is adjusted per fuel trims if the calculation is off on 93 it will never be right on any blend..

Owner cam by the shop yesterday and told me it was on full e85 pump (ours shows 85% typically here) and when I checked it showed 82% so that’s solid!

Yes penastar? and something else I found came with it!! But tables still have to be modded to work (there more of a base idea really)

14 Gen 5 Viper

This is general information. Its not source code, its not intellectual property.

No one should have to pay you for access to fundamentals.

Time consuming validation in cold weather is required to dial it all in, but this will at least get you started:

Grab a modern pentastar tune from the repo:
    jeep-JT-2020-3.6-oem.hpt
    Compare that tune to the vehicle you want to tune

Copy these FFV tables directly, including axis:
    (Do NOT use the merge feature, copy them manually)
    - Idle\RPM\TransmissionBasedSetpoint: P/N Alcohol
    - Airflow\SpeedDensity\Corrections\Fuel: FFV Multiplier
    - Fuel\OpenLoop\ColdWarmup\FA Cold Enrich Alcohol Multiplier
    - Fuel\FlexFuel: All tables

You will need to tune the following:
    - Fuel\OpenLoop\ColdWarmup: Alcohol: You will need greater enrichment below around 45 degrees Fahrenheit ambient, and heavy enrichment (~0.75λ) below freezing with ethanol during the initial warmup. Use the pentastar table as a guide.
    - Fuel\General\StartupInjectorPW: FFVMultiplier: Use the pentastar as a guide but you will need to trial-and-error your way through this table.
    - Fuel\OxygenSensor: EnableDelayAlcohol: On the TRX tune I have, this table is 1x1 event with the patch. If this is the case with you, merge the non-ffv closed loop delay to match the pentastar to give the engine more time to stabilize on ethanol.
    - Fuel\PowerEnrichment: Alcohol Mult: Adjust to your preference.
    - Make sure all Gas and Ethanol tables in the Spark\Advance tab are equal.

- Make sure your injectors are well dialed in before running ethanol. Test in many different temperature conditions if possible
    - Save tune, recompare files to make sure I didnt forget to mention any other FFV tables.

Start tuning in the winter so you can actually adjust cold start fueling. Raising the idle, holding the idle high for longer (also helps encourage the customer to WAIT before driving) and adding 1 or 2 degrees of spark sometimes helps it out.
    Test stability in strange conditions: like immediately put it in drive after cold start, make sure it doesn't stall/flood or backfire. If it occurs, try backing off fuel.

Things to keep in mind:
    - Constant cold starts will delude the engine oil, and it can wear down piston rings over time. The latest API-SP specification of oil is designed to help mitigate this problem, but I haven't checked if 0w40 is included.
    If it is not, tell the customer that the oil change interval is 2k-3k miles in the winter, and to avoid shutting it down before it has an opportunity to warm up (such as when you move it out of the way of the garage).
    - Your MBT tables will be quite different but leaving it stock is a safe place to start. Under certain loading conditions, you might actually need less spark to achieve MBT.
    - Chrysler's factory flex fuel tunes are not great - keep this in mind when you compare factory tunes from the repository.

Additional information on Ethanol's properties:
    https://afdc.energy.gov/files/u/publ...l_handbook.pdf

Setting up a FF tune file for a Hellcat I wouldn’t call fundamentals…
    Most of the above info is wrong so please no one use that as a guide… Dodge FF to be honest is in last place compared to ford/GMs, GM being the best!

I tune for a living, so I don’t just give out files for free, I help plenty for free on this board with my Knowledge. Have to put food on the table though

14 Gen 5 Viper

That is how I did mine. If what I posted is incorrect, then post a correction.
    I don't know how you have any sort of credibility if you aren't even willing to do that.

Someone asks how to install Windows on their PC, should I just tell them to pay me to tell them how to do it? Have them sign a non-disclosure agreement so they can't tell anyone else how to do it?
    Then when someone comes around and tells them how to do it, do I tell the other person that he's wrong?

I see this kind of thing here and there - but this right here is an all-time low.

Advanced Tuner
    Lol...if your time is worth something to you, you'll expect compensation for it.