Thread: Weird/erratic 02 sensor readings?

Potential Tuner

Weird/erratic 02 sensor readings?

I have been working on the tune for my 2006 HCI Z06 It has a TSP Stage 2.2 cam, PRC 285cc heads, and a vararam intake. Stock bottom end. Bank 2 fuel trims seem to always be off and i am thinking it may be an issue with the 02 sensors or possibly the cats?

The 02 patterns look nothing like what i am used to seeing (in my limited experience). They are erratic and have a very angular pattern and do not seem to follow each other very well/smoothly. Been reading a bit and searching for help on the 02 settings and I believe it needs some tweaking in the 02 settings, but it may be an issue with the sensor itself or like i said maybe the cats are bad-going bad?

C6Z06 CURRENT FILE.hpt02-05-20 IDLE SCAN.hpl

Would someone mind taking a look and let me know if I am on the right path here? Suggestions, tips on what to look at or for?

How old are the sensors? They do wear out and go weird long before they go completely dead. The GM recommendation from memory is every 60K miles, they are probably still in OEM tolerances at that age but for sure they won't be as fast as fresh new ones.

Unless you know for sure they are not just old and tired, I wouldn't spend any time on it until they've been replaced.

Potential Tuner
    Car has 70k on it and no idea if they have ever been done. My gut instinct was just to have them replaced and go from there. Never seen them so erratic though and with the overlap that cam has was suspicious it might be causing part of the issue.

Thanks for the reply!!

Oh, it definitely could be something else, but with the O2s in unknown condition you'll end up going round in circles. And it's time to replace them anyway.

Potential Tuner
    New o2's ordered, going to look at the cats while i am under there as well. then see what happens!