Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L83/6l80 help

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    That looks better. Did the MAF code come back after you installed the new MAF?
    Mass air code P0102-00 came on after mins of idle time
    Also have codes P0650-00 and P10E1-00.

Thoughts?

P0102, MAF low output makes sense for the 4" tube. If you just follow the write-ups for MAF tuning you will probably resolve that and have a much better running engine.

P0650 just means that you don't have a check engine light wired up. You can turn that off in the tune under diagnostics (set to no error reported).

P10E1 I can check tomorrow

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    P0102, MAF low output makes sense for the 4" tube. If you just follow the write-ups for MAF tuning you will probably resolve that and have a much better running engine.

P0650 just means that you don't have a check engine light wired up. You can turn that off in the tune under diagnostics (set to no error reported).

Thanks. I was looking around at my tune trying to learn more about how HPtuners work and noticed that the vvt is set to none. Would that mean that the vvt isn’t active?

P10E1 I can check tomorrow

Senior Tuner
    You're correct. If the VVT is set to none, that means it has been deactivated.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    You're correct. If the VVT is set to none, that means it has been deactivated.
    ok here are some logs with the VVT on and a new maf curve suggested by a co-worker it starts cold or warm excellent now, looks like fuel trims are off tho thoughts? thanks again for the helpnormalallgears215.hplcruise75.hplwarmstartup.hpllukec10feb14tune.hpt

The logs show that this advice...is still needed

Replied to your PM!! Larger houseing for the MAF lowers the Hz range so rescaling the MAF sensor is necessary!
    Zero out VVT entirely on a stock cam cost you power

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C