Thread: '02 Z06 TT: upgraded to 2-bar MAP sensor with 2-bar enhancement, WON'T START NOW!

Tuner in Training

'02 Z06 TT: upgraded to 2-bar MAP sensor with 2-bar enhancement, WON'T START NOW!

Hey guys. I followed the install insructions on the help file to upgrade to the 2-bar enhanced OS, and also copy/pasted my previous VE map into the sub-100kpa zones. I just installed a Delco 2-bar MAP sensor (part 213-796, cross references to GM 09359409) that was recommended here. Nothing else has changed. But now, the car won't crank and sounds like it's flooding out and I can smell fuel.

Anyone know what the deal is? I need to get this car running ASAP, as I may have to go out of town and need it. Does the Delco 2-bar MAP sensor have a different scale that the default scale on the software (Map sensor linear = 200kpa. Map sensor Offset = 10.33kpa?)

That is the only thing I can think of that would cause it since I didn't touch anything else on the tune, and the tune worked fine on the 1-bar OS....I have attached the file...the car is an '02 Z06 with STS GT32's and 60lb injectors (stock motor.) THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!!
    Last edited by JeremyBlackwell; 10-06-2006 at 10:23 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    did you physically remove the maf? If so did you relocate the IAT sensor?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    After some research, it looks like the AC Delco map sensor that was recommended in a thread here might be the wrong Delco part number.....can anyone verify this? I may have a 2.5bar MAP sensor, which would explain running rich.....

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    did you physically remove the maf? If so did you relocate the IAT sensor?
    No I didn't remove it.

This sucks, I can smell fuel in the oil now it's flooded so much and will have to change the oil before starting it Anyone know if that part number I just posted is correct? I think that's my problem...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Jeremy, I just added the P/N's to the sticky at the top of this forum that Soundengineer posted in a thread a few months back...hopefully this will help identify what you need.

Tuner in Training
    There are multiple GM part numbers listed, and I've seen many more. Very frustrating. You would think the correct part number would be included in the HELP file to make things easy...
    I've seen the following GM 2-bar Map sensor numbers here from reputable members, can someone verify differences, or at least which one IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR THE LSx intake manifold for plug-and-play?

Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply, that is the one I wound up buying last Friday and it works great!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)