Thread: 2011 e38 6.0 throttle lag

Tuner in Training

2011 e38 6.0 throttle lag

Im trying to get rid of that lag from a stand still and stab the throttle. I have the Opening rate at 100%, still wont doesn't feel responsive. When I watch the scanner the only thing I see is the timing drops to -1 than builds back up. I haven't logged all of the TQ PIDS yet, but im wondering what else to look at. Would it be in the Rpm Limit Thresh vs RPM table in DFCO?

Senior Tuner
    If you can post a datalog and the tune file, we can help you get it sorted.
    Based on your description, it sounds like Burst knock is active. Try zero'ing the burst knock table and see if that helps the issue.

Tuner in Training
    I cant find a recent one that's short enough to post, what tables need to be changed ive looked at burst knock but didn't see which ones or how far to change them

Advanced Tuner
    Log burst knock and knock retard. Also look at the main advance spark table, stock is usually conservative at high load low rpm areas. Burst knock can be helpful, but you can also limit its maximum and increase its decay rate to let normal timing come back in faster.

Senior Tuner
    It's the Base vs Cylairdelta table. Just reduce it or zero it and see if it fixed your issue.

Tuner in Training
    still pulling timing when I stab the throttle, my tune and short log are attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Of course I didn't log Cylinder airmass this time, but if I go into main spark low octane and add some timing into that high load low rpm area, how much is safe to add?

The low octane table is only used when the knock learn factor is in a word, full. It uses the high octane table all the time unless there is knock, then based on the knock learn factor it blends the two tables to pick a timing value.

So if you want to add timing, add to the high octane table and add the same amount to the low table if you wish. Just keep the low table less than the high so it can revert to that when knock is present.

I see that part of the timing pull at time is from the downshifts and trans TM. But you don't want to completely disable the transmission TM as it's needed for the 6L80e.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    how much can I safely add?

Advanced Tuner
    Did you read the trans control module? It says it is an auto but there is nothing in the cal, you are missing all of the charts for a 6L80. Looks like some trans settings are pulling spark per the log, but you can't see the trans settings.

Also log trans gear and cylinder airmass. Without airmass you don't readily know where you are on the advance graph. Your timing looks low at the upper rpm/load areas. In your log at 5:47.870, you are at WOT and 3700 rpm but only 9.5 degrees. Calculating your airmass off the MAF, it is commanding that amount of advance from your chart.

You might want to reactivate burst knock for safety until you get the timing pull figured out. As long as you log it, you will know if it is contributing or not. You can always leave it active but reduce the total amount it will retard, reduce the hold time, and reduce the decay time a bit to minimize its effect.

Might help to lower your PE delay rpm as well.

Do you have a wideband? What mods?

Tuner in Training
    im pissing into the wind currently (no wideband) I think its just time to pick one up. I was asking to see if maybe there was something I could do with out it for the time being. from the reading ive done seems like the VVE table is a decent factor if some of the off the line issues, no mods just a 2011 6.0 running off a 2010 tune file I got from the repository.

Tuner in Training
    I did read the trans just not at the same time, PE didn't feel any different with it coming in early. truck seemed to respond the best running maf.

Tuner in Training
    I think im heading in the right direction, bumped the IAT and ECT spark advance up some seemed to help some
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    injector enrich desoot switch to disable