Thread: 2005 Tahoe LM7 turbo spark tuning

Potential Tuner

2005 Tahoe LM7 turbo spark tuning

hey guys, I have a 2005 Tahoe with an LM7. Full turbo build, cam valvetrain etc. 4l80e swap, 14 bolt rear end yada yada. I am using hp tuners to tune it with and I am running into an issue. I am having timing being pulled out while I am underboost. so much so that its falling on its face. Wideband readings are good, 11.5 to 12.3. On 93 pump gas. IN the scanner I have everything that plays with timing being monitored. I see there is a few degrees for IAT being pulled out and coolant temp, but unsure what is pulling the rest out. This is my first vehicle im tuning with hp tuners so bear with me. I Also pulled out some torque management and this is drive by wire. Thanks in advance!

Build:
    LM7
    Baker engineering Torq R grind cam
    BTR valvetrain
    ARP head bolts
    Shimmed oil pump
    T76 turbo
    Personally built kit
    Full 3' exhaust
    4l80e trans with HD2 kit and upgraded clutches
    Circle D 3200 stall converter
    Hummer H2 14 bolt with e-loc
    Attached Files Attached Files

Could be burst knock as you set that the opposite way or what you want. Zero means it's always active and 8 means it's basically disabled.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Could be burst knock as you set that the opposite way or what you want. Zero means it's always active and 8 means it's basically disabled.
    AHH I see. Wouldn't that show up as knock retard in the vcm scanner? thanks