Thread: Tune review from new truck

Tuner in Training

Tune review from new truck

Back in November I purchased a 2006 Ram 2500 4x4 CCLB and enjoy the truck figured the truck was tuned due to lots of black smoke when you get on the throttle and surging while going down hill with the cruise control on. Earlier today I flashed in a stock tune and both of those issues are corrected.

That said, attached is the tune that was in truck when I bought it and would like to get your thoughts on it. Like I mentioned, I've got no clue who did the tune, whether it's aimed at towing, power, etc. just looking for feedback on it is all. Thanks in advance!

2006 Ram - First read.hpt
    2002 Z06 - TEA Stage 2 243's, Tick SNS Stage 3 cam, FAST 92 intake, LS2 TB, 42lb injectors, 1-3/4" LG Super Pro headers, Vararam

That is one of the worst tunes I've seen.. lol The pedal to fuel table is pretty wild.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_c13b View Post
    That is one of the worst tunes I've seen.. lol The pedal to fuel table is pretty wild.
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm much more happy with the stock tune vs whatever the disaster of a tune was that came with the truck.
    2002 Z06 - TEA Stage 2 243's, Tick SNS Stage 3 cam, FAST 92 intake, LS2 TB, 42lb injectors, 1-3/4" LG Super Pro headers, Vararam

Tuner
    The pedal map is wild and that is probably where some issues are coming from.. Also the limiters/governors need some attention Here is an example of how i setup my pedal map. not saying its the best.. but it works good enough for me Capture.PNG

Banned
    Yessir, that is absolute horrific tuning, a horribly failed attempt at utilizing the ECM's overfuel control system.

Potential Tuner
    Dude, what do you mean by turn a truck into a car? You understand that there are different loads on the shock absorbers, on the wheels. You will first lose time, secondly, you will lose a lot of money, and thirdly, if you are not a professional car repairman and if you do not have experience in assembling and modifying cars, then most likely you will have huge problems. But if you have a lot of money and you want to try something like this, then it's best to go to the service and do not waste time, and in general I'm curious to know what the reason is that you decided to turn the car into a truck. By the way, yes, it really sounds like a clickbait. The only thing that comes to my mind is to become a truck driver and go on long flights. Recently, it has become very fashionable and popular. In addition, it brings a good profit. When I read about it, I knew that the average national salary is $ 50,000 and it's pretty good, but in any case, this requires experience and requires an unusual driver's license, other categories of licenses, as well as passing exams. So, if you are planning this, then you will need to study a lot of information, more about this you can study on the website of tracts. Thank you in advance for your answer and good luck!
    Last edited by EmmaNewman; 01-12-2021 at 04:59 PM.