Thread: Tcc applied after 5mph

Tuner

Tcc applied after 5mph

I posted this in he gen3 tuning nad havent gotten any responses from that forum so I figure since its trans related I would post it up here.

I have a 99 suburban I put a 6.0 ls in. I kept the original trans in the truck. The pcm has an 02 2500 chevrolet tune that i have been editing. The first thing i did was a segment swap for an 02 4l60e out of an 02 silverado 1500. So the trans is a 99 suburban 4l60e and the tune is an 02 4l60e. The wiring I am 90% sure is correct. The harness I used was from a 1500 and the plug for the trans had 13 wires which should be a 4l60e because if it was a 4l80e it would have only had 11. I wired my original tcc solenoid control to the Red42 pin and the TCC brake switch signal to the Blue 33 the TCC PWM solenoid control to Red 2. Attached is my log and my tune, any help is appreciated as this is driving me crazy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    I can try and help. I think you are watching the wrong PID.There are 2 TCC Applied PIDs to watch,one will say yes as soon as you start moving,I think it is the engine side telling the trans it's ok to lock the converter, and the other wont say yes until the trans side locks the converter.My 2006 Silverado works that way. Monitor another PID,TCC Mode,should tell you what your after.When in doubt,look for more information in other PIDs to see if things are working as they should.I had this same question on my trans and after checking other PIDs,I found out my converter is working as it should.

Tuner
    You just saved me a ton of work. I thought for sure my TCC was locking up causing a bog and running like crap. Once I realized it was not that I went back to the basics. I had a dead cylinder from a spark plug being broken. Funny how with all the computer stuff if you just go back to basics a lot of time you can find the problem.

Tuner
    Welcome,gee I actually helped someone.