Thread: Help 6.0 cam tune

Tuner in Training

Help 6.0 cam tune

Hi i have a truck with a bigger cam installed the mechanic retard the time of the cam in the installation not trough hp tunners, i was able to manage idle issues but i kind have a lost in pooowaa, can you point me how to tune, the oxygen sensors are not installed, maf is connected, iat sensor is not installed, thank you

P.s i have acces to a wideband connected trough serial to usb mpvi2

Senior Tuner
    We really need more data. The tune file and a datalog will help us tremendously.

You need a IAT installed, it calculates fueling based on temp. As well as it's part of the timing calculations if setup that way.

Read up on MAF and VE tuning, that's about all I can tell ya.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks i will post the log file after connect the iat, so should i start with the maf then the ve table, should i touch the timing in the high octane and low table, sorry about my horrible english thank you so much helping a rookie.

Tuner
    You start by tuning the idle. The low and high octane timing tables are modified once you have the idle tuned. You always start by tuning the Ve table first then the maf. Post the tune and a data log once ready and we can help you out.