Thread: can someone help me

Tuner in Training

can someone help me

hey everyohne . well i tryed tuning my blazer last night. it ran like awesome . defintily noticible. but it had alittle knock retart at aroiund 3700 to 4200 rpms at full throttle. i noticed the spark advance went down when the knock retart went up . it was getting 6 to 8 * here is the hp tuners file for it . if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it . thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    manually pull timing, assuming your AFR is right

Senior Tuner
    you need to post your scan as well if you can

I noticed that KR too while trying out your tune yesterday. I just logged knock, added 2* to the spark tables, and pasted special-subtract into the spark tables. then subtracted 1* from the whole thing.

30* WOT total timing is way too high by itself. But your PE spark adder table is adding another 1-2* timing! Aprox 21*-22* WOT timing above 4000 rpm is max with 87 octane fuel.

Russ Kemp
    Last edited by Russ K; 10-08-2006 at 01:57 AM.

Tuner in Training
    can u send me the file back that u fixed? what exactly did u change on it ?

Just pull spark where it's knocking.
    It may be just a bit too much timing (2-3 degrees) for your 4.3L. Try subtracting 1/2 the spark that it's pulling from that particular area as the stock knock system is very aggressive at pulling timing.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    ok this might sound stupid but what table should i be pulling the spark from and what should i set it at??

Senior Tuner
    Spark gets pulled from the "High Octane" table under you're spark tab. Run the scan in "Histogram display" showing the KR table. Where ever the VCM is pulling spark, remove that much timing in the corresponding cell in VCM editor under the High Octane table. I can't open you're file but I could look at the scan and help you out if you'd like....

Go into your High Octane and Low Octane tabes under engine>spark control. Then back some spark out of the corrosponding cells. Its just that easy

FWIW, personal choice, but you can make your High and low octane tables the same, and update both each time, to give you more consistent spark advance every day of the week, or set them different with the high using higher numbers and the low using lower, and have it interpolate the two to get 'optimum' spark. Whichever method you end up using, they both work.

EDIT: I should mention [if you dont already know] that you can highlight that whole KR histogram in the scanner, copy it, and move over to the octane tables in the editor, right click, and click paste special- Add. (just didnt want you to think you had to do every cell by hand lol)
    Last edited by gman4dx266; 10-09-2006 at 08:58 AM.

Tuner in Training
    hey evreyone. this is one run i did . wide open throttle for a little bit .. it seems to only do it when it shifts.i think i fixed alittle though. well take alook and see if yall can do somethin or help me out . thanks.