Thread: Is it the tune or PCM??

Potential Tuner

Question Is it the tune or PCM??

Have 1998 Z28, LQ9 6.0, mild mods, 4L80e
    Re pinned for 99+ 411 pcm, all gauges work and car starts. Throwing P0355, P0356 codes and runs terrible. Swapped coils and issue did not follow said coil.
    Had a P59 sitting around and swapped it in the car. Different tune, car starts and runs, not great but better than 411 pcm and no codes.
    Question is...
    Is it the 411 pcm or the tune?
    Not going to re pin again for the P59.

Thanks in advance

The green connector port on my lab rat P59 won't allow it to mate with my 0411 or 896 PCM style of wiring harness. How did you manage to get a P59 to lash up with an older P01 style of wiring harness?

Rick
    1970 Chevrolet El Camino LM7 5.3 liter mill and a 4L60E transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by nfl8tblaz View Post
    Have 1998 Z28, LQ9 6.0, mild mods, 4L80e
    Re pinned for 99+ 411 pcm, all gauges work and car starts. Throwing P0355, P0356 codes and runs terrible. Swapped coils and issue did not follow said coil.
    Had a P59 sitting around and swapped it in the car. Different tune, car starts and runs, not great but better than 411 pcm and no codes.
    Question is...
    Is it the 411 pcm or the tune?
    Not going to re pin again for the P59.

Thanks in advance

It's very difficult to say for sure here based on just this. Something could be amiss due to some issue with a(n unproven) segment swap or other goof that eludes the editor/definition, or you could have a driver (hardware) issue.

Quote Originally Posted by B52bombardier1 View Post
    The green connector port on my lab rat P59 won't allow it to mate with my 0411 or 896 PCM style of wiring harness. How did you manage to get a P59 to lash up with an older P01 style of wiring harness?

Rick
    You can swap the end combs for red and they will go. They are almost the same, wiring wise... just a few ground differences.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Hello,

Swapping the end pieces?? I had no idea. Thank you and I learned something today.

Rick
    1970 Chevrolet El Camino LM7 5.3 liter mill and a 4L60E transmission.