Thread: No Repository Upload Here are some excellent tunes.

No Repository Upload Here are some excellent tunes.

I guess the "new site" still needs some refinement,
    there is apparently no "Up-Load" Button,
    so, Ill post them here.

I lost my original Tune File due to a failed Laptop,
    so the repository luckily had a file I could use as "close enough" to the original,
    and I would like to help out by posting my Tunes.

The first one is with a slightly modified Engine and the STOCK TRANSMISSION.
    The Mods to the Engine are, Completely Insulated Air Induction Tract, with a 3"Air Inlet behind the Headlight, and,
    Throttle Plate Mod, (look it up online), K&N Air Filter, Multi-Spark CDI Ignition Box, Modified Distributor Rotor,
    Drilled-Out Distributor Vents, (to prevent Condensation, a problem with Vortec Distributors),
    Fuel Injection Spider Up-Grade, (highly recommended),
    Stock Exhaust Manifolds with aftermarket 2" Head-Pipes, into a 2.5" Collector, then into
    a 3" Very Low Restriction, Quiet, Single Exhaust System, using a Gigantic Magna-Flow Muffler made for Full-Sized GM Trucks.

Remember that this First Tune is for a completely STOCK 4L60 Transmission.

The Old-Skool Mechanical Valve Body in a 4L60E WILL NOT RESPOND TO TUNING the ECU,
    unless you modify it with a Shift-Kit, (at the very minimum).
    SO DO NOT USE THE Hi-Perf TRANSMISSION TUNE UNLESS YOU HAVE A TRANSMISSION THAT WILL SLAM ALL GEARS.
    This Tune "probably" won't hurt your Transmission, BUT I CAN'T GUARANTEE THAT.

Use either of these Tunes AT YOUR OWN RISK,
    I know what I'M DOING, but your setup, and experience, might be different.

I will also post a Tune that has a Fully Built, 650 Horsepower Rated, Transmission, with a 3000 RPM Torque Converter.
    This is my current Daily Driver Tune, and has very nice Street Manners, even with a potentially brutal Transmission, and
    is Tuned to eliminate Wheel-Spin with Huge Summer Radials, and a 3.43 Rear Gear.
    The Truck consistently runs a 2.2 second 60 Foot Time at my Local 1/8 Mile Drag Strip, WITH A STOCK, 226,000 MILE ENGINE !!!
    Last edited by Jim Brown; 02-09-2020 at 11:30 PM.
    02 GMC Sonoma, 4.3 V6, 3" exhaust, no cats, modified/completely insulated intake tract/air box, de-screened MAF,
    throttle blade mod, new style fuel injection spider, four- 2-speed cooling fans on custom made shrouds,
    all tubular front suspension w/ Bilstien shocks and stiff springs, dropped 5", rear dropped 4", 18 x 10 wheels, Continental Conti-Sport Contacts,
    1.25" front sway bar, Battery relocated to the bed, 4L60 trans,

Thanks mate.
    Appreciated.

I concur, not being able to upload to the repository breaks my heart.

At last a second verification. Been searching everywhere as to how to upload.
    Sucks to not be able upload at the time being, i used to upload my stock files, as a added backup spot.
    We like the cars;
    The cars that go "vroom"

Advanced Tuner
    So why is the repository screwed? I cant download tunes there.
    Did the masters decide we werent worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by marksrig View Post
    So why is the repository screwed? I cant download tunes there.
    Did the masters decide we werent worthy?
    You can still download from the repository. But we can't upload tunes to it.

Advanced Tuner
    I see now, doesn't matter, most all the ZL1 files are stock tunes. ( Boring )

Potential Tuner
    where is this repository you talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by toodark View Post
    where is this repository you talk about?
    It's not in the HPT forums but gotta be logged in the main HPT site. Then up top on the right is your name,... once you click on your name you'll get a list of options on the left hand side... Fourth one from the top is the Tune repository.