Thread: Ford 6.0l non-vgt tunning

Potential Tuner

Ford 6.0l non-vgt tunning

Hey guy, just wondering who's played with non-vgt tunning on some 6.0s?

Haven't actually bought vcm suite yet but it's in the works.

Truck in question is the shop beat'er, test pig style, I build non-vgt-compounds-triples etc...

To start trucks going to have 190/75%, 186/192cam, oringed heads, studs, ported intake, sxe362/73

Building it just to practice tunning on, motors and transmissions are only a detail

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Since it's a boost reference table you can add fuel before boost and while in boost. You're first going to want to change a few things around. I would bump your timing out of boost to clean it up a little. Then while in boost you can up the timing a few degrees and as your boost rolls in add more fuel. You're going to want to turn off VGT under turbo tab. I'm not sure which codes to turn off. But it'll probably give you a vgt solenoid code so find that. You're going to want to scale injectors a bit. Ficm will help I'm sure. I never got that far.

Digging up an old thread but looking for information on where to begin with non vgt tuning.

Currently running a 68mm vgt and 205/75 injectors and have that tuned decently. Looking to play with a non vgt set up now and want to now what to initially change in the tuning to make the truck atleast run correctly after the turbo swap. Thanks.