Thread: Multiple devices to one vehicle

Potential Tuner

Multiple devices to one vehicle

I have a 2014 Camaro 1LE that was dyno tuned using an MPVI by a local tuning shop. I paid for the credits but everything is licensed through his equipment.

I recently purchased a used Whipple supercharger that included an MPVI2 along with an email copy of the base tune file that was provided to the previous owner. I have not done anything with it yet, I'm just trying to figure out what should be the correct process moving forward.

Is it possible to have my tuning shop email me a base tune that I can install using the MPVI2 so that I can get in some break in miles and get over to his shop for a complete dyno tune? I don't mind buying additional credits to do so but I haven't been able to find if we can have both his MPVI and my MPVI2 licensed to my car at the same time and if there would be a conflict based on which device was used to load the tune.

If we can't do it that way, what is the best course of action?

Thanks,
    Larry

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    we would suggest speaking with whomever you decide to have do the tuning, yes it will cost you credits on YOUR interface to flash YOUR vehicle.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    we would suggest speaking with whomever you decide to have do the tuning, yes it will cost you credits on YOUR interface to flash YOUR vehicle.
    So you are saying only one interface to the vehicle, either mine or his but not both?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by larryg View Post
    So you are saying only one interface to the vehicle, either mine or his but not both?
    No, I'm saying it will cost you credits on YOUR interface to flash YOUR vehicle.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    No, I'm saying it will cost you credits on YOUR interface to flash YOUR vehicle.
    I'm OK with the additional cost, that's on me. I just want to make sure I won't brick my ecu by overwriting the current tune he did using an MPVI with a temporary one (supplied by him) but loaded from my MPVI2. As long as that doesn't matter, I can at least get the car to his place without putting it on a flatbed after I'm done with the installation. It's my understanding that the car shouldn't be (or likely won't) run with the current tune once I replace the injectors and fuel pump control module along with the rest of the parts.

Thanks again,
    Larry