Thread: Noob with a 4.6 2v F-150

Potential Tuner

Noob with a 4.6 2v F-150

I'm just getting started with HP Tuners. I have a 2004 F-150 with the 4.6 2v. I have read some older posts that mention that HP Tuners cannot log knock retard on certain Ford ECUs, is this still the case? Should I be able to see KR out of the box with an 04 truck? I've looked at someone's crown vic tune which isnt a ton more aggresive on the timing, and I also looked at a 2v Mustang 93 octane tune with way more timing than mine.

I haven't done much yet, I have added some timing in the borderline knock table(about 5 degrees over stock at high loads so far), disabled torque management in the trans settings, and played with electronic throttle pedal settings. I don't know how much timing these 4.6 trucks can take, I haven't seen any KR in my logging yet, I'd like to keep adding more but I'm a little afraid of the possibility that I won't be able to see it being pulled if I go too far.

Tuner in Training
    Not sure about the F series 4.6 2v but a lot of 2v Mustangs dont have knock sensors. You can also see that in the tune files. No way to read knock in VCM Scanner. You should be able to read for misfires but unfortunately no support for knock sensors.