Thread: Duramax vs GM

Duramax vs GM

Hi Guys
    Thinking about buying a new GMC Denali Duramax turbo diesel maybe buying a tow behind RV in a year are so . I currently have a 2014 Denali 6.2 gas that i really like . But i don't tow with it . The 6.2 gas has 420 HP and 460 TQ and really performs great for a every day driver . I know the Duramax will out tow the gas 6.2 but for a every day driver will i notice much difference in the Duramax at 397 HP and 765 TQ in acceleration or will i have to push it a little harder . Will i even notice 23 HP less
    Thanks Guys

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Horsepower is a calculation of tq, so in essence hp is just a made up number, tq is what number you really want to look at. And yes you'll be able to feel 765ftlb of tq at 1500rpm vs 350ftlb at 1500rpms.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ioltorn View Post
    Hi Guys
    Thinking about buying a new GMC Denali Duramax turbo diesel maybe buying a tow behind RV in a year are so .... the Duramax at 397 HP and 765 TQ ...
    The current Duramax engine makes 445 HP @ 2800 RPM and 910 Lb-ft @ 1600 RPM. They tow a 5th wheel RV or Travel Trailer like they are not even there.